• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

BB entrance - turnstiles, Food kiosks and toilets

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Re: Update on the SJP works

And the "Dealing in facts" award goes to Mr. Ramone.
Edited for accuracy

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

Edited for accuracy
Cough, cough.

Saint James

Why can't they get some people at the front of the bank selling drinks, crisps, chocolate etc. Would take some pressure off the food kiosk.
SRJ, I'm not sure if the kiosks are a club or independent concession currently but anyone who has been to a baseball match in the USA would know that your idea is a no brainer. We human's are lazy by nature and seeing a queue will mean we go without. However, if someone comes past me with a trolly or similar we are generally more than happy to part with our cash on impulse. There are two easy solutions which would pay for themselves one being the portable option and the other to add one additional person in the kiosk which has the desired effect of getting through the queue quicker. Are any club employees or trustees on here in a position to speak with the caterers?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong

Didn't we trial having people going round selling drinks and the small pizzas etc a couple of years ago ?

Thing with having another person in the kiosk is lack of room it isn't that big inside as was seen Tuesday with the ladies almost falling over each other trying to serve people as quickly as they could.

Maybe a little bit of forward planning may help from the staff ? have maybe have 1 person dedicated to simply filling cups just before half time so they have a ready supply to go as the drink would still be hot enough by the time its bought instead of waiting for someone to ask for coffee/tea/Bovril ?

Matt Russell

Walking around with hot drinks would be a problem, but can't see why small snacks etc would be. FGR's football wasn't wonderful, but there seemed to be someone constantly up and down the front of our stand there selling hot snacks. Probably saved the need to fulfill any concentrated demand in a 15 minute spell at half-time.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster

Didn't we trial having people going round selling drinks and the small pizzas etc a couple of years ago ?
Yep, guys wandering round with pasties and the like, think there were ones with hot drinks too.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
New thread created to cover this subject.

Red Bill

The entrance to the Big Bank with the toilets and the food kiosk doesn't work. Needs a huge rethink as everything merges together.

The Club needs that income from food so they need to sort out throughput.
Having used the food kiosk there for the first time ever last Tuesday and seen the situation with the new toilets, I'm really surprised this hasn't been flagged up as an H&S issue, as the huge number of people gathering there does provide something of a blockage in front of what is presumably a major emergency escape route, i.e. to many people trying to use the exit at the same time rather than the steadier flow of people were it just to be the BB evacuating (waits for double entendre comments!).

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster

Having used the food kiosk there for the first time ever last Tuesday and seen the situation with the new toilets, I'm really surprised this hasn't been flagged up as an H&S issue, as the huge number of people gathering there does provide something of a blockage in front of what is presumably a major emergency escape route, i.e. to many people trying to use the exit at the same time rather than the steadier flow of people were it just to be the BB evacuating (waits for double entendre comments!).
Does anyone have a pic/plan of the layout of this area? I'm finding it hard to visualise where everything is in relation to the back(?) of the bank and where the exits are.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This is from about 6 weeks ago. This is looking through the exit gate, with the turnstiles beside on the left. Toilets are immediately on the right.