• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ben Seymour

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
He reminds me a bit of Sean Canham in that the ability was there but his confidence seemed shot.

I wish him all the best and hope that taking a step down the ladder will help him kick on.
If he goes on like he is then he will soon be playing for a team with green home shirts !

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
He reminds me a bit of Sean Canham in that the ability was there but his confidence seemed shot.

I wish him all the best and hope that taking a step down the ladder will help him kick on.
Canham was badly treated by many fans when he made his debut. It was quite sad to be honest and went on until he eventually left.

Didn't do too bad in the end. He played for team Bath 2005-2008, scoring 72 goals in 120 appearances. He was signed by Charlton, moved to Notts County. He also played for Kidderminster Harriers and Hereford at different times before moving to Western Australia, where he played for Hume, Sorrento, and is currently on the books of semi-professional team Gwelup Croatia based in Perth.

Canham was an influential member of Sorrento's 2015 squad, winning the Coolridge cup and helping lead Sorrento into the FFA cup round of 32 where they faced A League side Sydney FC live on Foxtel TV, going down to a respectable 2-0 scoreline.

Bridgy 81

Some years ago my sister and brother-in-law (an equally to me longstanding City supporter) spent sometime in Western Australia visiting my niece and her partner who were living and working there then.
Somehow my brother-in-law knew Steve Neville was involved in the coaching side at Sorrento FC so contacted the club and asked if he could speak with him.
This was duly arranged and Steve invited my brother-in-law to join him and the team/s for training one evening.
Although I’m sure he would agree that any footballing skills he ever had were by then a long way behind him, my brother-in-law turned up on the night and trotted around in the Australian sunshine, fully resplendent in his E.C.F.C. shirt of course.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Canham was badly treated by many fans when he made his debut. It was quite sad to be honest and went on until he eventually left.
Was he? Why? I don't recall this. As I remember at the time he looked OK and at that point in time we had absolutely no choice but to play him cos we were totally skint.

Grecian2K

If he goes on like he is then he will soon be playing for a team with green home shirts !
Yep. Yeovil could be a realistic destination!

Rosencrantz

Was he? Why? I don't recall this. As I remember at the time he looked OK and at that point in time we had absolutely no choice but to play him cos we were totally skint.
He was a bit of a "boo boy" for a section of fans almost straight away. Your point about no choice is correct. It was unfortunate for Sean that the only two choices when he first came in was him and Flackie. Not a combo that was ever going to work. He did look ok as the season progressed and formed a handy partnership with li'l Les up front although mostly in away games.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep. Yeovil could be a realistic destination!
Otterton also play in green.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was a bit of a "boo boy" for a section of fans almost straight away. Your point about no choice is correct. It was unfortunate for Sean that the only two choices when he first came in was him and Flackie. Not a combo that was ever going to work. He did look ok as the season progressed and formed a handy partnership with li'l Les up front although mostly in away games.
Strange. As I said, I don't recall that. I just remember being supportive of 'one of our own' and grateful we still had a team to watch back then.

Oldsmobile-88

It was unfortunate for Sean that the only two choices when he first came in was him and Flackie. Not a combo that was ever going to work. He did look ok as the season progressed and formed a handy partnership with li'l Les up front although mostly in away games.
On the Grecians first visit to Morecambe in March 2004. Both Flack & Devine were unavailable injured for the game. The travelling support was not expecting much from the Canham & Afful partnership. They were both excellent & duly scored in a 3-0 win.
The tannoy announcer pronounced Les as Les Awful much to the other players & supporters mirth as the teams were announced. Les had the last laugh though.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Scores the last minute winner to put Parkway into the next round of the F A Cup (furthest they have been in the competition)