• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Best Home end

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
It will only last until metal fatigue sets in ! ;)
Or our winning goal(s) go in? ;) ;)

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
And if there’s substantially more bouncing in the away end than there are in the home end.
When we first announced we were buying the stand off Barnet I was told by people who'd stood in the stand before that it was a tad, er, "bouncy"!

tonykellowfan

Ha, no, I’m happier sitting down. Besides, the view from an end isn’t a patch on the view from a side.
Nothing beats your team scoring when you are behind the goal.

Colesman Ballz

When we first announced we were buying the stand off Barnet I was told by people who'd stood in the stand before that it was a tad, er, "bouncy"!
I was really surprised to read a couple of weeks ago, that Barnet themselves had purchased it from Wealdstone. Does it have any other previous owners I wonder ? As stands go it's the equivalent of a "journeyman" footballer.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I was really surprised to read a couple of weeks ago, that Barnet themselves had purchased it from Wealdstone. Does it have any other previous owners I wonder ? As stands go it's the equivalent of a "journeyman" footballer.
Remember that Barnet's ground was initially going to be Wealdstone's ground but the money ran out with the ground half-built. Barnet bought the rights to the site and, with it, the half-built stadium.

Oldsmobile-88

Love the thought of recycling redundant stands..Perhaps with Lincoln thinking about expanding Sincil Bank or moving,the club will put in a offer for the Bus Stop Stand(I liked sitting/standing in there) put it between the BB & Stagecoach & banish all moaning ####ers to it :D

On the subject of stands moving,a favourite of mine was at The Shay(Where the longest time to be completed new grandstand is now)
The small seated stand was originally from Man City’s 1st Ground at Hyde Rd & was moved to the Shay in 1923..It was all wood with cramped seating & marketed as the Executive Stand lol..I don’t think it passed the stricter ground regs after 1989..

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Love the thought of recycling redundant stands..Perhaps with Lincoln thinking about expanding Sincil Bank or moving,the club will put in a offer for the Bus Stop Stand(I liked sitting/standing in there) put it between the BB & Stagecoach & banish all moaning ####ers to it :D
Of course opened by someone from Arizona ..:D :D.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

On the subject of stands moving,a favourite of mine was at The Shay(Where the longest time to be completed new grandstand is now)
The small seated stand was originally from Man City’s 1st Ground at Hyde Rd & was moved to the Shay in 1923..It was all wood with cramped seating & marketed as the Executive Stand lol..I don’t think it passed the stricter ground regs after 1989..
Mansfield's old main stand came from a racecourse I believe. Can't remember which racecourse though.

Oldsmobile-88

Mansfield's old main stand came from a racecourse I believe. Can't remember which racecourse though.
Yes..The West Stand,which was a impressive structure & Art Deco in design iirc,came from a racecourse in South London.

Red Devon

Love the thought of recycling redundant stands..Perhaps with Lincoln thinking about expanding Sincil Bank or moving,the club will put in a offer for the Bus Stop Stand(I liked sitting/standing in there) put it between the BB & Stagecoach
Would probably have to make it season ticket only :D