• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

BoS Elections

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
"He was a cruel man, cruel but fair..."
Cruel is a matter of perspective.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Couldn't resist it...
You can resist everything but temptation... :)

(Courtesy of Mr Wilde).

IndoMike

You can resist everything but temptation... :)

(Courtesy of Mr Wilde).
Oscar or Marty..?

PeteUSA

Oscar or Marty..?
Without wishing to go off topic, I love it when Marty gets a mention. Still sings as well as he did back in the day, and hes in his 70's. Seen him many times.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Of course, as many on here will know, "Bill" is once again a Councillor as of last month. Wrong party, natch, but I don't hold that against him! ;)

David Treharne

The whole issue of Trst elections was raised at last nights BOS meeting (attended by the Chair and acting CEO incidentally). Because there was an 'all out' election in 2006 and no provision was made for staggered need for re-election, two of the present members will serve for an extra year. The acting CEO did 'the draw' and the two members who will carry on were chosen. The meeting also decided on the date and venue of the 2011 A.G.M. which will be held (subject to booking) at the Exeter Phoenix on Saturday 22nd October (City are at home to Rochdale I think). At least three of the current Board of Socity members are not seeking re-election.
PS Before there is a cry of 'insufficient information' I would like to snag shift in the usual way by saying "It's not my job to fully inform members further"

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of course, as many on here will know, "Bill" is once again a Councillor as of last month. Wrong party, natch, but I don't hold that against him! ;)
Just seen some of the comments on this thread .. was a good one IndoMike !!

Cant help comparing 2003 with 2011 ....

2003 - I lose my council seat and City lose their league status over the course of 48 hrs

2011 - in the space of (just over) a week, City beat Argyle at home, argyle get relegated, I get elected and we win at Hillsborough ...

One of the worst weeks of my life and one of the best right there ...