• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

BOS meeting 1st November 2010

David Treharne

Tomorrow is the first meeting of the 'new' BOS with several new members in attendance.It should be an interesting meeting. It will also (if they are approved) see the publication of the the first set of minutes which will give an indication, even if in places with not a lot of detail, of ALL the items that appear on the agenda as both Part A, and Part B business, and might to do something to dispel the notion that the meetings are an outtake from the "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy". It should also membership of the various sub boards settled.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Best wishes to all.

I expect a new signing or two by Tuesday lunchtime and a repalcement Grandstand up by the weekend.

David Treharne

I expect a new signing or two by Tuesday lunchtime and a repalcement Grandstand up by the weekend.
Yep, I guess that's what we all want Al. Sad to relate that nearly all the usual financial constraints apply to both of the items on your wish list. With regard to the latter, I think it's very difficult for those who have come to support City over the last seven years to truly appreciate the situation that the Club was left in by the 'ancien regime'.Not only were there debts (and big ones at that) but an awful lot of mistrust by the very people that now have to be dealt with to move things forward.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not only were there debts (and big ones at that) but an awful lot of mistrust by the very people that now have to be dealt with to move things forward.
I can imagine, Dave.

Maybe that's another argument for the sort of transparency that a few of us have been wishing for?

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
A new era or the the same old same old ?

The big question is, will there be a motion to remove the incumbent Chair, she of the garbled message from the AGM.

Should the BoS fail to front up once again I shall feel obliged to post a link to that message somewhere where someone might read it, I found the process quite painful myself so perhaps it would be good for some others to suffer with me.

The lack of leadership is holding up our development as much off the field as it is on it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So what happened?

David Treharne

Andy Cole was elected as Chair of the Board of Society for the year 2010-2011.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
He'll now insist on being called Andrew Cole, like his namesake.

Good lad anyway, well done to him.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Further details are available on the Trust website shortly. Details will include;

1) The election of a new chair
2) Club chair talks to the Trust
3) Membership update
4) Strategic Plan consultation update

All this and more will appear on the club website on Wednesday!

Stay tuned to www.ecfcst.org.uk for more information shortly!