• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bringing Forward Saturday Kick Off Times

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see that Mansfield have announced that their game on Oct 15th will now kick off at 13.00 in order to save on electricity costs. Should we be seriously considering a similar move ? Possibly this could have further ramifications such as allowing ifollow coverage ? :unsure:

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think certainly from November onwards we will see consistent 1300 kick offs across the EFL. I suspect Mid October will be a little too early and also because ticket sales have been out for a month or so.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see that Mansfield have announced that their game on Oct 15th will now kick off at 13.00 in order to save on electricity costs. Should we be seriously considering a similar move ? Possibly this could have further ramifications such as allowing ifollow coverage ? :unsure:

andrew p long

I noticed on a very recent West Country trip how much later it goes dark in the Westcountry than in the Midlands, due to being both to the south and west.

Apparently sunset tonight is 10 minutes earlier in Mansfield than in Exeter , which becomes 20 minutes at the darkest time of the year.

So ECFC would have a little bit more leeway in setting earlier kick off times that don't require floodlights.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think certainly from November onwards we will see consistent 1300 kick offs across the EFL. I suspect Mid October will be a little too early and also because ticket sales have been out for a month or so.
I would assume Mid October is more likely than Mid December? In October it avoids the ridiculousness of having the lights on in broad daylight. Whereas you'd still have to switch them on for a 1pm kick off in Mid December because by the end of the match the light could possibly be fading?

Red Devon

Could make a serious dent in away followings Peterborough and Ipswich fans would probably need to set off at 5 o’clock in the morning if not before FFS

Oldsmobile-88

No a great idea imo. Any savings on the energy bill will be wiped out by losses on the Bar.
I can’t see many turning up at the Centre Spot at 10am for a 1pm KO.

Red Devon

No a great idea imo. Any savings on the energy bill will be wiped out by losses on the Bar.
I can’t see many turning up at the Centre Spot at 10am for a 1pm KO.
Plus a reduction in away followings I’d of thought.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
They can't just change it without refunding ST holders. I bought my ST on the pretence that KO's were 3pm. I can't make any 1pm KO's so will be seriously pi$$ed off if they move to this time.

wiveygrecian

They can't just change it without refunding ST holders. I bought my ST on the pretence that KO's were 3pm. I can't make any 1pm KO's so will be seriously pi$$ed off if they move to this time.
I agree with that mate I’m a season ticket holder too. Many many more like you including me . I can’t make any 1pm kick offs either . Also know a couple of posties in Exeter that finish work at 2-30 ish pm and can get to games . No chance if early starts happen. Not a good idea imo and like has been said bar takings etc would be right down