• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Burton Albion away - Discussion & Prediction Thread

tom_ecfc

We go again!!!

UTC

Bridgy 81

I thought we had a thread about our game against Burton already.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought we had a thread about our game against Burton already.
It's gone for a Burton

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We'll probably win this one as we seem to do better away currently.

I remember the season under Tisdale where we always won away playing like a 2010 Barcelona, then at home we struggled to get out our own half, weird.

We're nowhere near that level of extremity yet but the Caldwell home form is a little worrying.

tom_ecfc

I remember the season under Tisdale where we always won away playing like a 2010 Barcelona
I’m not sure I’ve ever heard someone compare us to Barca, let along the 2010 Barcelona team….first for everything! 🤣

Ex-ciderrr

Like i mentioned in another thread i feel this is tricky game this one, some will take one look at the fixture and think 3 points are a given because were playing Burton Albion - far from it, especially with our unpredictable nature, i mean we can win 3-0 and lose 3-0 quite easily. Burton have been at this level, (and even had a stint in the Championship) now for a number of seasons and appear to me as no mugs. City away, we have plenty of reasons to be optimistic going into this one given our record of late away from home so i am somewhat confident we can head there and get a result to bring back to Devon to look to build on vs shrewsbury next week.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’ve a feeling Caldwell may swing the axe so to speak after Saturday’s disappointing showing….trying to second guess his starting lineup not an easy job this week…Key to come back in that’s for sure, Kite also likely to return maybe alongside McDonald, Mitchell must also be in with a strong shout for a starting place fitness permitting and then JB for Stanno maybe!

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I honestly have no idea how to predict this one, we are so inconsistent of late, as Ex-ciderrr said, we could win 3-0 or lose 3-0.

Be interesting to see how GC lines us up as there were a few poor performances on Saturday (Sparkes and White especially). I'd be surprised if we see much of Sparkes now Mitchell has come in and after being hooked after 25 minutes on Saturday.

I'd like to see McDonald start but obviously question marks over his match fitness.

We also have the ongoing Jevani Brown saga, he may be back in the fold but seems unlikely at this stage.

Avening Posse

I’m a bit nervous about this one, still look to me like we are trying to work out where everybody fits in, looking forward to it clicking but not expecting it this soon. I’d be happy with a point and hope my pessimism is unfounded

Red Devon

I’m a bit nervous about this one, still look to me like we are trying to work out where everybody fits in, looking forward to it clicking but not expecting it this soon. I’d be happy with a point and hope my pessimism is unfounded
Agree a point would be good, just keep the points ticking over that’s all we need to do this season.