• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bury fan in peace.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sad that 268 people have voted against this merger, I'm sure the merger would have given them the best chance to progress back up the leagues and use Gigg Lane.

Colesman Ballz

Really disappointing news this, that a minority are basically holding back plans that would see the return to Gigg Lane after all the troubles that Bury fans have endured.
Thank heavens that Grecian fans came together in 2003 with a united front.

Banksy

Sad that 268 people have voted against this merger, I'm sure the merger would have given them the best chance to progress back up the leagues and use Gigg Lane.
My poor old brain is a bit confused ( without looking too deeply ). Are the bunch who blocked it the original Bury lot?
If so you’d think they’d jump at getting the show on the road again.So what’s holding them back?
I feel sorry for the genuine supporters but can’t forget how they won promotion that last time elbowing other teams out of the way with a bit of cheating and moneyed manipulation on the way. So I had a smirk when they got their comeuppance.

DB9

My poor old brain is a bit confused ( without looking too deeply ). Are the bunch who blocked it the original Bury lot?
If so you’d think they’d jump at getting the show on the road again.So what’s holding them back?
I feel sorry for the genuine supporters but can’t forget how they won promotion that last time elbowing other teams out of the way with a bit of cheating and moneyed manipulation on the way. So I had a smirk when they got their comeuppance.
I'm not too sure myself Banksy, To me they're shooting themselves in the foot, This was always going to happen once there were two so called fans group, This should never have happened and should speak as one, united voice, While they're divided like this it won't end well and the only "Winner" will be their previous owner who could say "Look how can these fans run a club when they can't even aree amongst themselves"

Pobbop

It's not the supporters who did any of that though, the ones that did got no comeuppance because they just moved on.

Supporters are always the ones to miss out, and as a club who could easily of been in the same boat after horrific ownership, I'm not smirking at all, would be perverse to do so.

i8cornwall

I think the reason the original BFC fans have voted against this is because Dale is still involved in some way or stands to benefit from looking at social media. How he does I'm not sure tho.

It's an odd situation but a minority of this lot loved it when Bolton almost went bust twice and now hate us because they believe the EFL and FA gave us preferential treatment so f**k um, hope they eat themselves alive.

Banksy

It's not the supporters who did any of that though, the ones that did got no comeuppance because they just moved on.

Supporters are always the ones to miss out, and as a club who could easily of been in the same boat after horrific ownership, I'm not smirking at all, would be perverse to do so.
Just tend to think of all the other supporters who lost out by their cheating. There would have been one of the runner up clubs who didn’t get promoted in their place who’d got there without fiddling the books.

sign of the chimes

I think the reason the original BFC fans have voted against this is because Dale is still involved in some way or stands to benefit from looking at social media. How he does I'm not sure tho.

It's an odd situation but a minority of this lot loved it when Bolton almost went bust twice and now hate us because they believe the EFL and FA gave us preferential treatment so f**k um, hope they eat themselves alive.
I'm guessing you know more about this than me, as I thought the new 'original' BFC entity (i.e. not the AFC who have been playing at lower tiers for the last couple of seasons) were effectively the entity that had paid Dale off (to some degree); wasn't the AFC formed to break the awful link with Steve Dale and the Stewart Day chancer who took them over and left them with unfathomable debt?

I'm new to the latest developments with the vote - but a bit confused if it's a faction of the Forever Bury contingent blocking the merger on that basis - rather there just being a section of ****s amongst that group wanting to punish the AFC for forming in the first place (still confusing, but not surprising given the way of the world)...?

i8cornwall

I'm guessing you know more about this than me, as I thought the new 'original' BFC entity (i.e. not the AFC who have been playing at lower tiers for the last couple of seasons) were effectively the entity that had paid Dale off (to some degree); wasn't the AFC formed to break the awful link with Steve Dale and the Stewart Day chancer who took them over and left them with unfathomable debt?

I'm new to the latest developments with the vote - but a bit confused if it's a faction of the Forever Bury contingent blocking the merger on that basis - rather there just being a section of ****s amongst that group wanting to punish the AFC for forming in the first place (still confusing, but not surprising given the way of the world)...?
From reading more on recent developments I think you're right, it's an utter mess and not easy to unpick everything from the outside looking in.

This was the recent statement from the Bury FC side of things

I assume nothing has changed for Bury AFC but I can't see how either club can flourish while all this in fighting is going on.

sign of the chimes

From reading more on recent developments I think you're right, it's an utter mess and not easy to unpick everything from the outside looking in.

This was the recent statement from the Bury FC side of things

I assume nothing has changed for Bury AFC but I can't see how either club can flourish while all this in fighting is going on.
Thanks for sharing that link i8c, interesting to read. It will certainly be in the interests of the Bury FC project to find a way to bring the two entities together given that it's the AFC that has a football club up and running; and has clearly built a loyal base of supporters and volunteers. Of course, as you say, there are always things that those of us from the outside looking in won't see, hear or understand around the issues.