• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge Utd FC v Exeter City FC Match Day Thread

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
After the Sparkes chance early in the 2nd half we never really got going and two soft goals cost us.
Still should have got something out of the game and be interesting to see what MT says as I don’t think he will be too happy with the 2nd half performance.
Move on to Tuesday.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Collins went from being the best player on the field on 50 minutes to an absolute mess towards the end, looked so tired.

ryancooper327

Annoyingly I wanted to sign Smith when he was released from Reading and Digby from Stevenage! Smith already annoyed me after his last gasp FA Cup goal. Anyway, happy for Brown!

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Learning curve ? I expect nothing less then a win on Tuesday night . The sooner we learn to put rubbish teams like that crowd to the sword the better . Wycombe have had a poor start so let’s go on the front foot for the entire game and do them

eurogrecian

Disappointing manner of the defeat, but its going to be a long season and we're going to have to step up a grade. Confident that we can hold our own with the players we have, although the squad looks a bit thin if we are unlucky with injuries.
Onwards.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Collins went from being the best player on the field on 50 minutes to an absolute mess towards the end, looked so tired.
So did KMT fail to use the substitute options appropriately ?

AB Ciren

Learning curve ? I expect nothing less then a win on Tuesday night . The sooner we learn to put rubbish teams like that crowd to the sword the better . Wycombe have had a poor start so let’s go on the front foot for the entire game and do them
Of course after all we are Real Exeter🤩🤩🤩

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not gloom and doom a number of other teams (at least 10) have also lost at least one game already this season.

We definitely seemed to struggle more in the heat than they did and whether heat affected or not the RD boys were saying some of our defending was a bit sloppy.

On to Tuesday and Wycombe who have played three and lost two.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wycombe are a good side so we will do well to win that one.

Smithyno6

Lost on losing the first header, and the second. Personally I think we could of freshened the team up quicker. I know MT doesn’t like 5 subs but the other teams are going to use it. Hopefully a lesson.