• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

'Cans for City' - revived

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
FYI;

We have made 2 donations this last week, We have donated £200 towards the provision of refreshments for recipients of tickets under ECFCs 'Tickets for All' scheme. Plus, a donation to ECFC towards the purchase of a battery operated trolly to make the resupply of refreshments around the ground pre match days, plus the collection of rubbish post matches that bit less wearing for those concerned. This item should be arriving shortly so, i'm sure the Media boys will be keen to show off their driving skills with something for Club News.
Well done Andy H but don't let the Media Boys touch your new toy - didn't they crash the drone ?
UTC

Bridgy 81

FYI;

We have made 2 donations this last week, We have donated £200 towards the provision of refreshments for recipients of tickets under ECFCs 'Tickets for All' scheme. Plus, a donation to ECFC towards the purchase of a battery operated trolly to make the resupply of refreshments around the ground pre match days, plus the collection of rubbish post matches that bit less wearing for those concerned. This item should be arriving shortly so, i'm sure the Media boys will be keen to show off their driving skills with something for Club News.
Brilliant work Andy, as always.
I particularly like the idea of the Tickets for All Scheme. It’s great to hear that refreshments are included as well.
Well done to you and your team.

Andy_H

Latest update;

The latest collection returned a very creditable 640kg, or the equivelant to 37k+ cans, sadly the price for recycled alumium has dropped a bit this month so we've only recieved £454.40, but still a good return.
After negotiating a good deal with the supplier, ECFC have been able to acquire 2 of the battery operated trolleys instead of the origianl idea of only 1. Maybe these could be used as mobile refreshment outlets during matches!

As always, many thanks to EVERYONE who contributes to Cans4City, you are not only helping the club and greater ECFC community, but helpnig to keep Devon free of unwanted litter.

But, please, please, please; Do not put steel food cans in with your aluminium cans, as they are not part of our agreement with ECC and we waste valuable time seperating them.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does anyone know if there's a definitive list of what's steel and what's aluminum cans? I know you can tell on the can, but I suspect some won't be aware.

Bridgy 81

Does anyone know if there's a definitive list of what's steel and what's aluminum cans? I know you can tell on the can, but I suspect some won't be aware.
I asked Andy that question on here when I started to bring my cans down.
His answer is in post #206 and involves a fridge magnet to differentiate between steel and aluminium.

Pmc grecian

Latest update;

The latest collection returned a very creditable 640kg, or the equivelant to 37k+ cans, sadly the price for recycled alumium has dropped a bit this month so we've only recieved £454.40, but still a good return.
After negotiating a good deal with the supplier, ECFC have been able to acquire 2 of the battery operated trolleys instead of the origianl idea of only 1. Maybe these could be used as mobile refreshment outlets during matches!

As always, many thanks to EVERYONE who contributes to Cans4City, you are not only helping the club and greater ECFC community, but helpnig to keep Devon free of unwanted litter.

But, please, please, please; Do not put steel food cans in with your aluminium cans, as they are not part of our agreement with ECC and we waste valuable time seperating them.
Great effort everybody keep them coming in 👍

tom_ecfc

Up the Cans!

Andy_H

In the 6 weeks between the last collection on 6th April and our latest on 24th May, we collected a very impressive 780kg raising a very respectable £553.80p.

Our next collection period will be running up until a few days before our first home game, so plenty of time to down a few [more] tinnies while Exeweb fervently discusses Summer transfers, who we'd like to play our first game against and a plethera of other bizare topics, like only Exeweb can do!

Our recent donation has been to cover the costs of Memorial Plaques for Dick Pym & Arthur Chadwick which have now been fixed in place in the Memorial Garden.

Attachments

Andy_H

In the time between our last collection on 6th June and today, we've amassed 16 dumpy bags full of cans, which by my 'guestimate' could be in the region of 650/700kg. As always, a huge thank-you to all contirutors, Ruth, Francis, Steve, Time Piece & The Devon Yeoman to mention but a few of the dozens who have help make Cans4City the success it has become.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
In the time between our last collection on 6th June and today, we've amassed 16 dumpy bags full of cans, which by my 'guestimate' could be in the region of 650/700kg. As always, a huge thank-you to all contirutors, Ruth, Francis, Steve, Time Piece & The Devon Yeoman to mention but a few of the dozens who have help make Cans4City the success it has become.
Hoping to be in Exeter next week Andy, in which case I'll bring 5 refuse sacks full of crushed cans.