• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Championship 22/23

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Makes a change from the Russians and Arabs. Too much money swilling around there , all so called success defined by it.
( Said as someone who cares nothing for the Premiership , Championship too for that matter.)
That lot 40 mileish W funded by USA as well

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
How about last season’s FGR League Two Manager, Luton Town’s Rob Edwards?
They’ve had a fantastic season but I don’t particularly like Luton much.

Bridgy 81

They’ve had a fantastic season but I don’t particularly like Luton much.
I’ve not got any particular affinity to them but with a very odd and antiquated stadium and a town/catchment area similar to ours, I suppose it just goes to show what can be done?

Red Devon

I’ve not got any particular affinity to them but with a very odd and antiquated stadium and a town/catchment area similar to ours, I suppose it just goes to show what can be done?
Conference to Premier League would be some story.

sign of the chimes

Luton through to the Championship play-off final. Incredible achievement and some credit has to go to Nathan Jones despite his current stock. Proper performance tonight taking the game to a better resourced Sunderland and giving them a bloody nose. Middlesbrough have to be favourites to proceed from their tie with Coventry (0-0 after the first leg) but reckon you'd have got long odds on a Luton v Coventry final at the start of the season.

Last edited:

Leads

Nice little article on Luton, it does seem to otherwise get a very negative press: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-65607780

It looks their new stadium is still some time away, as much as I love the quirkiness of their away end they do probably need to move somewhere a bit more practical.

DB9

Luton through to the Championship play-off final. Incredible achievement and some credit has to go to Nathan Jones despite his current stock. Proper performance tonight taking the game to a better resourced Sunderland and giving them a bloody nose. Middlesbrough have to be favourites to proceed from their tie with Coventry (0-0 after the first leg) but reckon you'd have got long odds on a Luton v Coventry final at the start of the season.
And will face Coventry after they beat Middlesbourgh 0-1 on agg. Two teams you wouldn't have thought would be one match away from the PL at the start of the season.

Nigel E

Coventry win through to face Luton in the final.

It guarantees that another side will join the list of clubs that we have played in league football since our return to the EFL in 2008 that has subsequently gone on to be promoted to the Premier League at some point afterwards.

The list includes Leeds, Norwich, Southampton, Sheffield United, Huddersfield, Brentford, Brighton and Bournemouth. There may be one or two that I have missed.

sign of the chimes

And will face Coventry after they beat Middlesbourgh 0-1 on agg. Two teams you wouldn't have thought would be one match away from the PL at the start of the season.
Pleased for Coventry who've spent several years going through the wringer having been owned by some pretty awful people. Seems apt that this happened almost straight away after they freed themselves of that ownership group. Nice to see that (for now) the PL doesn't remain completely closed off to the likes of them and Luton Town.

Colesman Ballz

And the Tees-Wear derbies will be played out in the Championship for at least another season.