• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Charlton Athletic home - Discussion & Prediction Thread

tom_ecfc

Full house at SJP for the East Devonian (if you know, you know 😉) club this weekend to see us take all 3 points in a hong dinger!
UTC

Ex-ciderrr

Need a home win really not had one since Peterborough if I recall, yet this one (as with more or less all of league 1) is as tough as they come. We can beat anyone in our day and believe we can this weekend UTC

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Need a home win really not had one since Peterborough if I recall, yet this one (as with more or less all of league 1) is as tough as they come. We can beat anyone in our day and believe we can this weekend UTC
I think you're probably giving Charlton a little too much respect there, they're 15th.

This is a great chance to get our first home win since 12th November and I'm confident we will get it which will but us on 41 points and very close to safety.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
some interesting selection dilemmas on players left out v MKD:-

Aimson - well, surely the back three all deserve to keep their places after a clean sheet away win, with solid performances, particularly by Diabate whose place looked most threatened by Aimson's arrival.

Stanno - likewise the forwards did the business on Saturday. In for White possibly?

Kite - surely just rotated/rested/one off game decision on Saturday. Harper did well but perhaps best to gently ease him into regular first team action.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
some interesting selection dilemmas on players left out v MKD:-

Aimson - well, surely the back three all deserve to keep their places after a clean sheet away win, with solid performances, particularly by Diabate whose place looked most threatened by Aimson's arrival.

Stanno - likewise the forwards did the business on Saturday. In for White possibly?

Kite - surely just rotated/rested/one off game decision on Saturday. Harper did well but perhaps best to gently ease him into regular first team action.
Kite will be back for Harper as was probably rested as is GC's want, Diabete will be rested in a similar alleged vein and Stanno will return to the bench to be a finisher - my thoughts but then what do I know!

So if Jokull is due to return to Reading then the team, subject to no correction depending on the next two days will be

Blackman

Caprice Sweeney Aimson Hartridge Mitchell

Kite Collins White

Brown

Nombe

Subs
Lee, Sparkes Diabete Stubbs Stansfield Harper Key ;)

The match has got draw written all over it with Charlton picking up after the change of manager, despite losing to Bolton, however I am hoping we can sneak it 3-1 with goals from Aimson Brown and White

Last edited:

TOP_CITY_FAN

Jayden Stockley to make his 3rd debut for City.. Against Charlton. *taps nose*

Bridgy 81

Starting next week against Charlton is the beginning of our ‘easier’ February/March set of 10 or so matches, depending on when the Barnsley one is rearranged.
This, as has been mentioned previously, is our opportunity to be home and hosed before a run of complete stinkers through April, after the Fleetwood game at the beginning of that month.
It’s odd to me that if we don’t beat Charlton we’ll be approaching 3 months without a home league win, but have won 3 on the road in that time.
I appreciate we’ve played more away than home during that period and I don’t know whether our recent home/away results are just one of those things at the moment or if our set up and approach is more suited to away games.
Either way it’s always good to have decent home performances and results to keep attendances up and the mood of supporters positive.
So, here’s to 3 points on Saturday, a bouncing crowd and although I like him, a chance to show Jayden what he’s missing.

Red Nose

I'd be surprised if Charlton sell their allocation. They don't travel too well, and are not having a great season, so I'd guess 800.

tom_ecfc

I'd be surprised if Charlton sell their allocation. They don't travel too well, and are not having a great season, so I'd guess 800.
They took 949 fans to Shrewsbury on a Sat end of November, which is 15 less than Charlton to Exeter.

Memphis09

Kite will be back for Harper as was probably rested as is GC's want, Diabete will be rested in a similar alleged vein and Stanno will return to the bench to be a finisher - my thoughts but then what do I know!

So if Jokull is due to return to Reading then the team, subject to no correction depending on the next two days will be

Blackman

Caprice Sweeney Aimson Hartridge Mitchell

Kite Collins White

Brown

Nombe

Subs
Lee, Sparkes Diabete Stubbs Stansfield Harper Key ;)

The match has got draw written all over it with Charlton picking up after the change of manager, despite losing to Bolton, however I am hoping we can sneak it 3-1 with goals from Aimson Brown and White
I would play Diabate in place of Hartridge