• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheick Diabate

Trapdoor

You have to assume he's going to get some game time.

Grounds and Daniels are not the answer, at least not in the long term so hopefully CD is.

grecianstew

There really is some pedantic *****s on this forum. 😏
are some
Ooops, I see what you mean!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like a big couple of weeks coming up for Chieck; he has the chance to prove to the manager that he's ready and can be trusted in the first team and there's no need to sign another defender in January.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
MT's interview yesterday slightly concerning, Hartridge and Sweeney could be out until February.

Our promotion challenge is taking a battering.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
MT's interview yesterday slightly concerning, Hartridge and Sweeney could be out until February.

Our promotion challenge is taking a battering.
DR it is……still begs the question what was the thinking behind the decision to send JS out on loan to the Gulls.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
DR it is……still begs the question what was the thinking behind the decision to send JS out on loan to the Gulls.
The thinking was simple. To get game time, to top up his fitness, so that he can become selectable for 90 mins.

jase 07

The thinking was simple. To get game time, to top up his fitness, so that he can become selectable for 90 mins.
So have you been told this was the thinking or is this your take on it ?

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
So have you been told this was the thinking or is this your take on it ?
in fairness I think that was pretty much the implication of what MT said (though it seems that Sam Stubbs is potentially selectable after a long lay off without getting game time elsewhere out on loan)

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster

Diabate on his loan spell at Truro. A fair bit of it is entirely unsurprising but the new things I took from it were a) in U18s he was always bigger than opponents so Truro gave him previously rare experience of playing against bigger opponents and b) his religious faith - the second young defender (Josh Key the other ) for whom this is both very important and publicly spoken about.

I'm sure it has been a great experience and he speaks highly of Paul Wotton (!). One valuable experience he doesn't mention was being sent off for a second yellow when he hadn't had a first! He did well in his protests not to say or do something - I am sure I would have done- that would in itself merit a further yellow and therefore red card!

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster

Diabate on his loan spell at Truro. A fair bit of it is entirely unsurprising but the new things I took from it were a) in U18s he was always bigger than opponents so Truro gave him previously rare experience of playing against bigger opponents and b) his religious faith - the second young defender (Josh Key the other ) for whom this is both very important and publicly spoken about.

I'm sure it has been a great experience and he speaks highly of Paul Wotton (!). One valuable experience he doesn't mention was being sent off for a second yellow when he hadn't had a first! He did well in his protests not to say or do something - I am sure I would have done- that would in itself merit a further yellow and therefore red card!
Speaks well, it seems our Academy do well at not only producing good footballers but good people.