• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheltenham vs Exeter - Carabao Cup 1st round. Match day thread

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exeweb have an ageing squad. Could be time for a clearout! ;)
Surely the last three games have demonstrated the value of a settled squad over a clearout and panic signings? Surely the current Exeweb crop is the equivalent of Dieng,Nombe,Brown etc?

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Funny that as I did same (must get out more) as I got into a Twitter spat with a Chelts fan as he said it was old v young.
If you add Browny in then the average starting line up age goes up by 1 year to 26 but sadly the Chelts fan was right - they're starting line up average was 23 !
I forgot how old our kids were but will take 7:0 result over doffing my cap to the Chelts fan.
UTC
PS Just hope result not reversed in 2 weeks time !
Yes but you have to question what on earth Cheltenhams manager was thinking, who in that team benefitted or gained 'valuable experience' last night.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes but you have to question what on earth Cheltenhams manager was thinking, who in that team benefitted or gained 'valuable experience' last night.
Also, how were they allowed to make so many changes from Saturday? Do those rules only apply to the pizza pot?

fred binneys head

PS whilst going on about City 7 Barrow 1 in 1972 anyone know any of the players from that game or, even better, know someone who scored in that game?

(yes, FBH, I'm looking at you!)
Yep, my dad and my godfather both scored in that game 👍

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Possible lesson 77 b - how to loose 7:0 respectfully !
UTC

Grecian2K

To be fair last night their team looked more like they'd done their passing training on the Cleeve Hill rather than the Cliff Hill!

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Funny that as I did same (must get out more) as I got into a Twitter spat with a Chelts fan as he said it was old v young.
If you add Browny in then the average starting line up age goes up by 1 year to 26 but sadly the Chelts fan was right - they're starting line up average was 23 !
I forgot how old our kids were but will take 7:0 result over doffing my cap to the Chelts fan.
Probably just a case of City having a better squad!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I did try to say that to the Chelts fan but he told me to ...................... off !
UTC

Grecian2K

Despite the much commented lack of transfer action?
But, then again, why purchase when you can just promote??

Grecian2K

I did try to say that to the Chelts fan but he told me to ...................... off !
UTC
That is a seriously long swear word there!
Gloucestershire Wordle perchance?