• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheltenham vs Exeter - Carabao Cup 1st round. Match day thread

Trapdoor

Cheltenham bringing on their big guns, including Sercs.
Their gonna win 7-6?

haka

After a quick check of Grecian Archive, it looks like if you watched every ECFC away game in the League Cup, from 1995 to 2015 (minus Conference years) ...

then you saw City score the same number of goals as tonight.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I remember the Wednesday game quite well. I think they were fourth in the First Division ( now the Premier League of course ) at the time - Jim McCalliog et al. I seem to remember David Ford scored for them, and Graeme Bullock scored a cracker for us. But I am sure someone will tell me I am completely wrong!...
Peter Bullock scored on the volley from about 8 yards. Wednesday had the enigmatic Peter Springett in goal. He always detested the Exeter floodlights before and after this game, they seemed to cause him to misjudge crosses badly and let in soft goals. That said, he couldnt hold a candle to his more famous brother Ron. Both now sadly gone.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Norman Collier.
Don't waste them Fred. We may desperately need Norm as the season goes on.

MerleyRed

Sonny denied by a goal line deflection.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
We're taking the six!
We're taking taking the siiixxx!!!
We're Exeter City and we're taking the six!!!!!!!

We want seven!! WE want Seven!!!!

Bridgy 81

We’ve obviously won this game, so the last 25 minutes are good experience for Sonny, Alfie and Kegs and good game time for Stubbs and Grounds (and Jay).

Trapdoor

Hope the youngsters get on the score sheet!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cheltenham bringing on a few bigger guns so given that we are now virtually playing our second team keeping a clean sheet will be a significant achievement now.

Last edited:

AB Ciren

Seems like we have a half decent team eat your heats doubts and enjoy today while it lasts