• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chris Woolcott

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Probably like you Fred, I didn't recognise the name but as soon as I saw the picture I knew the face having seen Chris around the ground at hundreds of games.
Me too.

RIP

Ash

Very sad news. Having been a 50/50 seller since it's inception back in the early 90s, I've known Chris for many years. Always happy to chat about City, a real fan and a genuinely nice guy. RIP

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Courtesy of NLM - RIP Chris GRECIAN Woolcott

CHRIS WOOLCOTT FUNERAL AND TRIBUTES

As I’m sure most of you remember Chris’s funeral is tomorrow, Wednesday 23rd, at 10:30 at Exeter Crematorium with the wake afterwards at the Club.

For those not at the game against Peterborough on Saturday 12 November there was a minutes applause in the 77th minute in his honour and his picture was put up on the big screen.

You can see and hear this in the SJP 360 with Apple Taxis Exeter: Peterborough United video, scroll through to 5.55.

There was also a nice tribute in the programme that day (for anyone wondering the photo is from an Andros trip, outside the Asterix bar in Batsi):

RIP CW.jpg

sign of the chimes

RIP and condolences to those who knew him x

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks for being a proper footy fan SoC

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks for being a proper footy fan SoC
Agree 100%. Chris was an exemplar of the good that football brings out in people and the hours and hours that are put in by many behind the scenes.

The things that we have in common should be much greater than those that divide us. I never join in the hatred of opposing teams or fans, even our green friends down the road.