• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Argyle - Matchday Thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

iscalad

Time to walk up to St James Park! Weird being this early.
You'll be OK. Fecrace is open.

Arthur Davey

Time to walk up to St James Park! Weird being this early.
Time to get out of bed...

crocks

Arrived in Cully. Big beast breakfast ordered. 😊

SaintJames

Jon Challiner always welcome back at SJP! As for today nothing to worry about lads it will be a routine 2-1 win with Nombe and Stanno (of course) shoving those Ginsters where the sun don't shine! A full house in the sunshine beating your rivals what's not to like?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jon Challiner always welcome back at SJP! As for today nothing to worry about lads it will be a routine 2-1 win with Nombe and Stanno (of course) shoving those Ginsters where the sun don't shine! A full house in the sunshine beating your rivals what's not to like?
I'll be an hour behind but would love that prediction. Stanno injury time winner

SaintJames

I'll be an hour behind but would love that prediction. Stanno injury time winner
Nailed on! Far easier bet to place than Delta Force or the like in the 5.15 at Aintree :)

David Treharne

I'm sitting in mt study writing this with my "We'll never play you again" T shirt on. The 'never' has a horizontal line through it in red. As I recall it was produced by Egg in 2011 after some over-enthusistic green supporter posted on their website that I dare not mention, the above words. So 12 years later here I sit contemplating the weather on yet another 'derby game'
It was chilly overnight, down to 3c, and it's taking a long time to warm up, and although its currently 10c, there's a NNW wind that makes it feel cooler. It will warm up, and the wind is shifting to N and decreasing in strength. The main difficulty today may not be the temperature so much as the UV factor, which could be the highest so far this year, so if you're on the Big Bank (or even hoping to be) it might make sense to take sunburn precautions. So it looks as though it could be sunny right the way through the match.
I am, as usual, looking forward to the game, and will be leaving around 10.45 for some gentle 'bants' in Red Square and hoping that the whole day is incident free.
For obvious reasons, no update later.

Radio Free Skaro

I can only see us winning this El Pastyco. Come on Youuuu Reds!
EL PASTYCO love it, who thought up that gem?

Alistair20000

Signalling problems on the railway continuing.

Maybe some Janners will be late but a number of the noisy drunken feckers have just got off the Cardiff train at St David’s.