• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Argyle - Matchday Thread

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
They got lucky with the deflection, then shut the game down very well.

It is what it is. Reminded me of Cheltenham a bit.

Good luck with that next season. 🤣

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Plymouth managed the game well after taking the lead and if we can’t start to find a way of scoring again with the games we have coming I think we are probably looking at finishing around 16th.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
A game of little quality. They managed the game well once they'd scored but how the fcuk are they top of the league. They look like a side of L2 cloggers.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Story of the last few games, didn't score when on top, and concede a sloppy goal.
Neither side deserved anything from that.
Drysdale needs to grow a pair and get his cards out for time wasting.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gutted. Not because City were bad but because Argyle were worse. Horrible football with not a single meaningful effort on our goal. They suckered a poor ref time and time again.

Arthur Davey

A game of little quality. They managed the game well once they'd scored but how the fcuk are they top of the league. They look like a side of L2 cloggers.
...once we'd scored for them...😒

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought we were so much better with Stansfield on the pitch today.We probably won't have him for next season,so we should look to bring someone in with the same qualities.

Red faced

Shame really. I thought Plymouth looked genuinely looked crap and they were looking worse the longer the game went on. If they were playing a team that could finish we would have been out of sight. The one day we defended brilliantly we get undone by a fluke OG. Referees now are regularly affecting games with their inconsistencies several times he failed to play an advantage for us when we were attacking..Thst was a. F*#king poor show by the ref and Linos ( who do nothing nowadays anyway) .

Overall, they were very lucky to get a win and own that performance I look forward to seeing them struggle next season IF they go up..

Bridgy 81

every ref in ever game has been absolutely woeful..this guy today was terrible and argyle played him to a tee. Their defenders were brave enough to throw themselves to the floor when we attacked and they got a free kick every time..
Rightly or wrongly playing the ref always has been and always will be part of the game.
I appreciate it's frustrating when teams do it against us.
But, on the basis that you'll never stop it, the answer is to do it more or do it better ourselves.
It's actually not that difficult to do, so I can't understand why we don't practice and implement it.
That's what all teams who are successful, or are looking to be successful, do.

Topsham Boy

Shame really. I thought Plymouth looked genuinely looked crap and they were looking worse the longer the game went on. If they were playing a team that could finish we would have been out of sight. The one day we defended brilliantly we get undone by a fluke OG. Referees now are regularly affecting games with their inconsistencies several times he failed to play an advantage for us when we were attacking..Thst was a. F*#king poor show by the ref and Linos ( who do nothing nowadays anyway) .

Overall, they were very lucky to get a win and own that performance I look forward to seeing them struggle next season IF they go up..
Agree. Next season we need two quality strikers to replace Stanno and Jevani….as a minimum. We are losing too many games we should be winning or at least getting a point.