• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

"Climate Change"

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Making recyling more efficient will have negligible impact on climate change. The issue is ever so slightly bigger than that

Mr Jinx

In my previous job we had a Biffa lorry come and collect our waste every week or so and the driver openly admitted it all gets put together anyway.
Like many other things with seemingly good intentions, Recycling has just become another racket.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Mr Jinx

And so Great has just deleted a tweet she put out 5 years ago saying humanity would be wiped out if fossil fuel dependency was not fully eradicated by 2023. I guess it hadn't aged particularly well.

Neither had the article it pointed to which said all Arctic ice would be gone by 2022.

🤷‍♂️

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
And so Great has just deleted a tweet she put out 5 years ago saying humanity would be wiped out if fossil fuel dependency was not fully eradicated by 2023. I guess it hadn't aged particularly well.

Neither had the article it pointed to which said all Arctic ice would be gone by 2022.

🤷‍♂️
Oh well that's alright then.

iscalad

🤷‍♂️
Phew, we're saved. Thanks Jinxy.

Mr Jinx

I never suggest climate change wasn't a thing.

Just that a lot of the stuff the likes of Ms Stunberg puts out there is beyond hysterical nonsense.

angelic upstart

I never suggest climate change wasn't a thing.

Just that a lot of the stuff the likes of Ms Stunberg puts out there is beyond hysterical nonsense.
I largely agree with this. I also believe climate change is a man made thing in part. Increasingly, in the UK, it's becoming part of the culture war, which is a massive shame.

Grecian2K

🤷‍♂️
Despite your obvious differences I'm delighted to see you at least acknowledging the courageous Ms Thunberg as Great.

Perhaps there is hope for humanity after all?!🤪

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I largely agree with this. I also believe climate change is a man made thing in part. Increasingly, in the UK, it's becoming part of the culture war, which is a massive shame.
Nothing will escape the culture war bollox, sadly. It's too useful a tool for some very powerful interests.