• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Club shop!

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry, I couldn't find the original thread.

Whenever I have gone on this link http://ecfc.myshopify.com/ all I have been able to see is a few shirts and clothes, scarf/pin badge.

Last night I was given this link https://ecfc.myshopify.com/collections/exeter-city-fc-accessories which gives you a few more options.

I flagged up the first link and the problems and they are looking into, apparently there will be some more pictures added over the next week.

Having seen what is available, I shall be ordering a few things, although, I have to get my bro to pick up the wine glass as they have had problems with glasses breaking in the post.

Ok, the shop is still basic, but it is better than nothing and if they can sort out the main link, then people might start buying from it more.

All extra revenue, innit?

Saint James

Sorry, I couldn't find the original thread.

Whenever I have gone on this link http://ecfc.myshopify.com/ all I have been able to see is a few shirts and clothes, scarf/pin badge.

Last night I was given this link https://ecfc.myshopify.com/collections/exeter-city-fc-accessories which gives you a few more options.

I flagged up the first link and the problems and they are looking into, apparently there will be some more pictures added over the next week.

Having seen what is available, I shall be ordering a few things, although, I have to get my bro to pick up the wine glass as they have had problems with glasses breaking in the post.

Ok, the shop is still basic, but it is better than nothing and if they can sort out the main link, then people might start buying from it more.

All extra revenue, innit?
Wolfie of course has had the fat end of nine months to do something about this shambles but I guess has spent most of his time giving P45's to programme sellers and endless meetings about Brazil when he could actually have focussed on increasing a revenue stream.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's better than it was, but still very, very basic and unattractive. There is next-to-no ECFC "branding" (not a word I like, but you know what I mean), not even the club crest. It's a start I suppose but I hope it gets worked on and improved. As Tony says, there has been plenty of time to sort this before now.

I am given to understand that the new kits will be available on there to order online from Saturday, so that will be a good test of it I'd have thought.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I wasn't aware that the new club shop site had been launched 'live'?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
It's definitely a big improvement, but still a fair way to go (including more intuitive links for sure).

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's better than it was, but still very, very basic and unattractive. There is next-to-no ECFC "branding" (not a word I like, but you know what I mean), not even the club crest. It's a start I suppose but I hope it gets worked on and improved. As Tony says, there has been plenty of time to sort this before now.

I am given to understand that the new kits will be available on there to order online from Saturday, so that will be a good test of it I'd have thought.
Agree and was good to see that the new shirts are available before the season starts.

bsmaff

The website is complete cack and an embarrassment.

I don't know who designed the Website, but why the use of a very boring generic CSS template they have got from their webhost? But then after Tis, Tagg and Perryman take their cut of the finances there probably isn't much left.

As for products for sale - why can't you pre-order the new shirt??

Personally they should ask for someone from the community if they don't mind building a website for them, that way branding would be more prominent rather than just ECFC Shop written in the basic Word font.. Also this way the files could be shared and a web developer would not be needed as it would be really easy to just edit a few lines of code..

Heavitree United probably have a better club shop website

Last edited:

Pete Martin (CTID)

I wasn't aware that the new club shop site had been launched 'live'?
I knew it was going to be as I had offered to sell the new shirts from the Supporters Club website if the club one couldn't handle it, but was told that it was being revamped and would be up and running before this coming Saturday.

AlanDevlin

The website is complete cack and an embarrassment.

I don't know who designed the Website, but why the use of a very boring generic CSS template they have got from their webhost? But then after Tis, Tagg and Perryman take their cut of the finances there probably isn't much left.
Shopify is a build your own webshop package.... for people who don't/ can't/ can't be bothered to build something decent themselves.... It's sad to think that the Club have to resort to something like this - more evidence of the commercial side of the club being in total disarray and needing a good overhaul and new impetus.

Antony Moxey

As for products for sale - why can't you pre-order the new shirt??
Because there's no such thing as 'pre-order'. You order the shirt, then when it's available it's shipped to you. Or do you mean you want the facility to order the shirt before you order it?