• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Club shop!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are more things being added and they are tweaking it some more.

Was talking to Kelly and suggested them having a suggestion box or people email if there's anything they would like to see them stock. Due to the minimum order they have to deal with, then if they get enough people wanting something then they could order it.

As has been discussed certain clothing is just not possible as they don't have the room to keep in stock and can take years to sell.
Frankly, I'm utterly bemused by some of the lines on sale. Shirts aside the vast majority of it is, IMHO, unadulterated tack which is never likely to sell in anything like the volume required to secure a decent return.

Take, for example, the Exeter City air freshener:

https://ecfc.myshopify.com/collections/exeter-city-fc-accessories/products/exeter-city-fc-air-freshener

Assuming a mark up of, say, 200 per cent, the club is netting a profit in the region of £1.30 for every one it sells. If we're generous and assume they sell 100 in the course of a year –I can't imagine the actual number is anywhere near that – then that equates to a profit of just over £100. You could easily make more than that by selling, say, half a dozen quality T-shirts.

Last edited:

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
You'd be surprised by how many people buy the air fresheners. A lot of people do like nick nacks that have their club on it. We're not the only club to be selling air fresheners.

I was pleased to find out they're still doing the ecfc wine glasses. When I saw em a couple of years ago, I was impressed. I couldn't buy one though as was heading out on the lash in exeter. My bro is picking one up for me tomorrow.

There are more pictures to be uploaded and as I said some more tweaking to be done.

Last edited:

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
You'd be surprised by how many people buy the air fresheners. A lot of people do like nick nacks that have their club on it. We're not the only club to be selling air fresheners.

I was pleased to find out they're still doing the ecfc wine glasses. When I saw em a couple of years ago, I was impressed. I couldn't buy one though as was heading out on the lash in exeter. My bro is picking one up for me tomorrow.

There are more pictures to be uploaded and as I said some more tweaking to be done.
Whilst i appreciate that the site is (still) a work in progress, i'm inclined to agree with Egg. Who wants a 2014 calendar in August? I couldn't even see the wine glasses you've bought.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whilst i appreciate that the site is (still) a work in progress, i'm inclined to agree with Egg. Who wants a 2014 calendar in August? I couldn't even see the wine glasses you've bought.
I enquired about the wine glass after seeing the shot glasses. It's not unusual for clubs to still have calendars on sale even this time of year.

manc grecian

Exeter city wine and shot glasses. That touch of class money just can't buy.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hmm ... I don't dislike the layout but the categories are so random and there is so little there that you would actually want to buy. Needs a fair bit of working improvement.

mammooman

With the new shirts released tomorrow I was expecting to be able to find on the club shop website details of where they will be available, pricing, size guides, sizes in stock, pre-order info, photos....

I should have thought better.

Pete Martin (CTID)

With the new shirts released tomorrow I was expecting to be able to find on the club shop website details of where they will be available, pricing, size guides, sizes in stock, pre-order info, photos....

I should have thought better.
You and I must have been having a look at the same time!!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Has the new club shop website gone live yet, or have they been premature linking to the site while it is under development?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Has the new club shop website gone live yet, or have they been premature linking to the site while it is under development?
Logic would dictate if the site isn't supposed to be accessible to Joe Public then you don't make it live. I'd imagine this nugget would be on Page 1 or 2 of How to Construct a Website on a Shoestring.