• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is the same CH that wanted the club to cease funding to, and get rid of the women’s team.
Strange then that he has been seen on occasion supporting the women in their matches at the Exwick Hub. :unsure:

ECFCEX4

This is the same CH that wanted the club to cease funding to, and get rid of the women’s team.
One of the only directors who actually goes to watch the women's team? That seems a bit of a strange suggestion...
I read that the club has also increased their funding of the women's team recently. So if this is true, perhaps he doesn't hold as much power as some seem to think on here? Or, it's just not true.

fred binneys head

Interesting article 👆

Spoonz Red E

One of the only directors who actually goes to watch the women's team? That seems a bit of a strange suggestion...
I read that the club has also increased their funding of the women's team recently. So if this is true, perhaps he doesn't hold as much power as some seem to think on here? Or, it's just not true.
He has been a supporter of the Women's team in the time I've known him so him 'wanting them to fold' doesn't ring true.

He may well have said Jevani shouldn't play while facing the charges of assaulting a woman (the assault wasn't disputed).
I would have said the same.
It was implemented by the club - he doesn't have sole power.

And if he also suggested Jevani should be sacked - well, that didn't happen.

STURTZ

Is this just another lie which gains credibility purely through being posted on the internet which is then seized upon by people with their own agenda?

Pete Martin (CTID)

Is this just another lie which gains credibility purely through being posted on the internet which is then seized upon by people with their own agenda?
Yes.

Colesman Ballz

Interesting article 👆
Whilst it may be an interesting article I feel that it is completely wrong to have posted it on the Jevani Brown thread. The article concerns rape and sexual violence towards women. Jevani was never accused of either, rather of striking someone who had allegedly racially abused him.
Shame on you Fred for posting the article on this thread, it should have been posted elsewhere ! :mad:

fred binneys head

I disagree, it's an article about how football clubs manage situations when their players are accused of crimes, particularly crimes against women. I think there's a strong enough correlation to the Jevani situation for this article to be appropriate for this thread. You're free to disagree of course, but I don't think it's anything I should feel shame for.

EDIT: If the mods disagree, they can delete it or move it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I disagree, it's an article about how football clubs manage situations when their players are accused of crimes, particularly crimes against women. I think there's a strong enough correlation to the Jevani situation for this article to be appropriate for this thread. You're free to disagree of course, but I don't think it's anything I should feel shame for.

EDIT: If the mods disagree, they can delete it or move it.
I think in the case of the owner, and what's been reported that we should be concerned that the FA has nothing in place to deal with it. I believe clubs all have safeguarding policies in place, so not sure what has happened at that PL Club.