• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Could Yeovil be in trouble?

Grecian68

https://www.facebook.com/The-Yeovil-voice-921604611259506/?pnref=story

Are you concerned about the direction that Y.T.F.C is being taken in? Are you worried that your Club is likely to drop out of the Football League and not return for many a long year? Do you fear that it might become so bad that there will not be a Club to support? There are a lot of us who fear the worst and want to do something about it. If we held a public meeting in Yeovil or a nearby village next week, say on Thursday or Friday evening would you come and discuss the possibility of setting up a Supporters Trust to help rescue our beloved Club. If we do nothing those in charge could take us to an all time low Let us know if you could make it next week. If not, when could you. We want to have a date, not too far ahead, that will suit the majority.

Sounds like problems may be ahead.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
At the end of the 2013-14 season Yeovil had a negative net worth of £53,000 - nowhere near as bad as us prior to the Grimes agreement. I think that their problems emanate from having to set realistic budgets in line with constantly falling gates.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I dont know why other trust supported clubs get the idea that we can offer them any help. As I see it we've got problems of our own, with the relationship between our trust and the club. I would like to see the present club board of directors removed in an appropriate manner, and the trust itself take over the club and run it in a proper manner. Its plainly evident to me that the present set-up isn't working, and its also evident that far too much secrecy prevails within the club, particularly surrounding finance. I had hoped things would change when Overend got involved, but if there has been change I dont know where its been applied.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I seem to remember being pilloried on here when they were promoted to the Championship for suggesting their fall would be as rapid, and further, than their rise and that in 5-10 years from then we'd be consistently playing at a higher level than them.

Avid readers of Private Eye may remember an article about them 3-4 years ago detailing how they completely screwed over their local community. My sympathy with their current plight is, shall we say, rather bereft.

Antony Moxey

I dont know why other trust supported clubs get the idea that we can offer them any help.
Blimey, we actually agree on something! It would appear from the outside that since its inception the Trust has done pretty much the square root of f*** all except organise endless meetings to discuss ad nauseum the minutae of which set of initials it's going to operate under this week, what jumble sale it's going to support and what club at the other end of the country it's going to spend months with helping their Trust get off the ground.

It'd be nice to see, other than blindly handing over our subs each week, what the Trust has actually achieved towards bettering our own club instead of every f***er else's.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I think the achievement of getting into the championship and being one game away a number of years before is still admirable.

Since then however things have gone very wrong. Imo they should have come down into league one in a strong position. As for the current plight it's a local game so I hope they manage to avoid the drop.