• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
You and your wife look after yourselves Stroudy.

CC

Yeah take care there Stroudy. I’m back ‘at work’ from home now though the cough is lingering and I’m still tired. Much better than I felt two weeks ago though.
Went out past the top of the drive (bin duty!) for the first time in ages yesterday.

Banksy

Positive LFD test this morning and just confirmed via text by PCR too (I went to the walk-through yesterday as wifer was already ill with it).

Symptoms pretty much as others have described but with a MASSIVE headache - no chance of sleep, despite paras. I'm double jabbed natch but in a 'heightened risk' category for various reasons, so I'll just have to ride it out.

Have ordered an oximeter so i can monitor blood oxygen levels - this recommended by my GP. One of the joys of asthma - already feels like someone's standing on my chest.
Hope you and your wife have a quick recovery SG. All the best.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Doesn't sound great, Stroudy. Hope those symptoms ease soon. All the best from the skinny dog.

LOG

Bleddy attention seeker :p

Get well soon, Stroudster.

Grecian2K

Get well Stroudy (and all of your fellow sufferers)

Bit worried about my old mucker (and IMHO all round bleddy good chap) Indo.
Not been seen in these parts for more than a fortnight - and with the dreaded C-bug was letting rip again around that part of the far east hope all is well. Please, if you can, just pop in and reassure us that all is well.
Don't need the full (much missed ) "Friday rant" mate...just a "Hello, we're ok" would be a cheery start to the weekend.

All the best Mike

G2k

Antony Moxey

Positive LFD test this morning and just confirmed via text by PCR too (I went to the walk-through yesterday as wifer was already ill with it).

Symptoms pretty much as others have described but with a MASSIVE headache - no chance of sleep, despite paras. I'm double jabbed natch but in a 'heightened risk' category for various reasons, so I'll just have to ride it out.

Have ordered an oximeter so i can monitor blood oxygen levels - this recommended by my GP. One of the joys of asthma - already feels like someone's standing on my chest.
Horrible. My daughter, who’s now also positive, has the same symptoms, although more acute such that we ended taking her to hospital last night (one of the exceptions to isolation is if it‘s a medical emergency) with the added bonus of Exeter not taking Covid patients so we had to go to Torbay. Which is great when she’s complaining of severe chest pains and struggling to breathe.

Anyway, eventually we got her home this morning after a series of tests meant the doctors were satisfied her breathing was under control so hopefully all’s good. As it is though SWMBO’s finishes her isolation tomorrow, I’m done, after suffering what appeared to be three day heavy cold, on Sunday and daughter’s free midweek next week.

Hopefully.

Hopefully you’re better soon too Stroudy, if for nothing else other than sanity’s sake. Isolations are no fun, especially if you’re in an at risk category.

DB9

Horrible. My daughter, who’s now also positive, has the same symptoms, although more acute such that we ended taking her to hospital last night (one of the exceptions to isolation is if it‘s a medical emergency) with the added bonus of Exeter not taking Covid patients so we had to go to Torbay. Which is great when she’s complaining of severe chest pains and struggling to breathe.

Anyway, eventually we got her home this morning after a series of tests meant the doctors were satisfied her breathing was under control so hopefully all’s good. As it is though SWMBO’s finishes her isolation tomorrow, I’m done, after suffering what appeared to be three day heavy cold, on Sunday and daughter’s free midweek next week.

Hopefully.

Hopefully you’re better soon too Stroudy, if for nothing else other than sanity’s sake. Isolations are no fun, especially if you’re in an at risk category.
Must have been worrying for you and your wife Ant, Hope your daughter recovers soon and that goes for the rest of you too.

fred binneys head

Good luck Stroudy, hope you get through it quickly 👍

fred binneys head

And best wishes to the Moxey household too 👍