• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

CC

So, I tested positive for Covid yesterday (lateral flow test). My son (19) had been ill since friday last week and tested positive on monday, I started feeling ill monday but had a negative LFT then, but come yesterday it was positive.
I'm not going to lie, it isn't pleasant. It's been like man-flu, I didn't sleep very well at all last night, streaming nose, cough, headache and over the last hour started feeling (but not being) sick. I'm 50, reasonable health, and I've been double jabbed.
Who else on here has tested positive for it? Did you suffer much with it? I really don't fancy this for the next few days. What makes it more frustrating is that I'm actually on holiday this week!

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry to hear that CC. Get well soon.

Alistair20000

Yes, get well soon CC. What bad timing too.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hope the symptoms don't last too long. Good luck for a quick recovery.

Spoonz Red E

So, I tested positive for Covid yesterday (lateral flow test). My son (19) had been ill since friday last week and tested positive on monday, I started feeling ill monday but had a negative LFT then, but come yesterday it was positive.
I'm not going to lie, it isn't pleasant. It's been like man-flu, I didn't sleep very well at all last night, streaming nose, cough, headache and over the last hour started feeling (but not being) sick. I'm 50, reasonable health, and I've been double jabbed.
Who else on here has tested positive for it? Did you suffer much with it? I really don't fancy this for the next few days. What makes it more frustrating is that I'm actually on holiday this week!
Just had my PCR result after a positive lateral flow test on Monday when I realised I had symptoms.
PCR also positive so starting 10 day isolation.

Symptoms on Monday were headache, watery eyes, dry throat, runny nose, lethargy and joint pain.
Now the main symptoms are a tight chest with rib and back ache - headache less severe.
Plus a dry cough.

All symptoms are manageable at the moment (double jabbed) but, as you say, not pleasant.

All the best to you CC.

Alistair20000

Is this bleddy virus now spreading via Exeweb ?

Best wishes for a quick recovery Spoonz.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
CC / Spoonz - hope you both feel better soon.
Any ideas how / where you picked it up?

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
All the best, Spoonz.

DB9

CC/Spoonz, Sorry to hear this, Hope the syptoms now are the worst they get, Just stay indoors, Get the Paracetamol if needed and look after yourselves, Being double jabbed should protect you from severe syptoms, Keep us updated if you can. Best wishes guys (y)

Spoonz Red E

CC / Spoonz - hope you both feel better soon.
Any ideas how / where you picked it up?
My feeling is it was almost inevitable for me once restrictions were lifted.
Ticketbooth duties - two home games etc.
Even with precautions (and the Club's been good on this) it's an odds on contagious environment.

Not complaining.
I'm looking at it as nature's booster shot.

Paracetamols at hand.
Logged in to Exeweb as per.