• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
My feeling is it was almost inevitable for me once restrictions were lifted.
Ticketbooth duties - two home games etc.
Even with precautions (and the Club's been good on this) it's an odds on contagious environment.

Not complaining.
I'm looking at it as nature's booster shot.

Paracetamols at hand.
Logged in to Exeweb as per.
Instead of working at the ticketbooth, You can rant on here on the Matchday thread! (y) :)

Spoonz Red E

Instead of working at the ticketbooth, You can rant on here on the Matchday thread! (y) :)
Either way it will be via the magic of Windows.

CC

Thanks all for the kind wishes, and Spoonz I hope you're soon feeling better.
I assume it came into our house via my son who had been going out a bit. I've been working from home since last March so haven't ventured out a lot.
I was just wondering how widespread it was on here, as I don't remember seeing a thread from people saying that they had come down with it. It seems to me that Exeter and the surrounds have suffered much more in the last few weeks than any time previously. As, apart from a group of friends who all came back with it from skiing in Italy last March as it began to emerge, it wasn't really anything that had been an issue locally as far as actual cases go.

DB9

I assume it came into our house via my son who had been going out a bit. I've been working from home since last March so haven't ventured out a lot.
I was just wondering how widespread it was on here, as I don't remember seeing a thread from people saying that they had come down with it. It seems to me that Exeter and the surrounds have suffered much more in the last few weeks than any time previously. As, apart from a group of friends who all came back with it from skiing in Italy last March as it began to emerge, it wasn't really anything that had been an issue locally as far as actual cases go.
This Delta variant is much more transmissable than the original variant, Luckily we do have the vaccine now to help with the worst symptoms but we're hearing more people having it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm surprised I haven't had given the busy retail environment I work in. A number of colleagues have recently had Covid.

Spoonz Red E

Quick update on this.
Feeling much better today.
Aches all gone. Dry throat. A few mouth ulcers. That's about it

Symptoms seemed to peak in the joints on Wednesday and chest and back yesterday which were the 3rd and 4th days from symptoms starting.
Thankful for the two jabs.
Comparing COVID with previous bouts of flu I've had I could tell that COVID is much more agressive and definitely wouldn't have wanted it pre vaccine.

All the best to CC, LDNGrecian and anyone else battling with it at the moment.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Quick update on this.

Symptoms seemed to peak in the joints on Wednesday and chest and back yesterday which were the 3rd and 4th days from symptoms starting.
Comparing COVID with previous bouts of flu I've had I could tell that COVID is much more agressive and definitely wouldn't have wanted it pre vaccine.

Glad symptoms going the right way - remember not to run before you can walk !
Take Care & UTC

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Quick update on this.

Good news! (y)

CC

Still struggling with mine to be honest, night time seems worse with sore throat and very high temperature.
Goes through cycles during the day of not too bad to a real struggle. Went to the Honiton Road drive through centre to get a PCR test yesterday and the guy there said they’d had lots of people who’d been to Boardmasters coming through.

Hope all else who have it continue to recover speedily.

Grecian68

I had it in February, caught in my place of employment, passed it to the rest on the household, I was in bed for ten days, off work for a month, and had the cough for six weeks.
Not a nice illness to have, evil disease, and yet some still think it’s all a conspiracy.