• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
I had it in February, caught in my place of employment, passed it to the rest on the household, I was in bed for ten days, off work for a month, and had the cough for six weeks.
Not a nice illness to have, evil disease, and yet some still think it’s all a conspiracy.
Hope you’ve fully recovered now Grecian68. Sounds nasty , some conspiracy, not!

Grecian68

Hope you’ve fully recovered now Grecian68. Sounds nasty , some conspiracy, not!
All recovered now thanks.

Antony Moxey

Nine days of isolation to go and the boredom factor is through the roof. Thought SWMBO had it as she was showing symptoms so we both booked PCRs (because if mine was negative I could go back to work as I’m double jabbed) only to find we’re both positive.

Of course the glorious thing is with everyone else in the house negative we’re confined to our bedroom (yeah, I wish) with me showing no symptoms whatsoever and SWMBO hacking away like a braying donkey. Some consolation though, my isolation doesn’t finish until after the FGR game. Small mercies though.

iscalad

Nine days of isolation to go and the boredom factor is through the roof. Thought SWMBO had it as she was showing symptoms so we both booked PCRs (because if mine was negative I could go back to work as I’m double jabbed) only to find we’re both positive.

Of course the glorious thing is with everyone else in the house negative we’re confined to our bedroom (yeah, I wish) with me showing no symptoms whatsoever and SWMBO hacking away like a braying donkey. Some consolation though, my isolation doesn’t finish until after the FGR game. Small mercies though.
Sorry to hear this. Hope your missus gets over the symptoms soon

manc grecian

Have you timed it right to miss the start of term.

Banksy

Hope all goes well and your wife recovers soon.

Antony Moxey

Have you timed it right to miss the start of term.
Unfortunately not - I’m back on 6th.

DB9

Hope your wife recovers soon Ant, Just look after yourselves. (y)

Antony Moxey

She’s definitely better than she was yesterday, and in turn yesterday was better than the day before. Still got that bloody hacking cough though. Grr…

Reactions: DB9

StroudGrecian

Positive LFD test this morning and just confirmed via text by PCR too (I went to the walk-through yesterday as wifer was already ill with it).

Symptoms pretty much as others have described but with a MASSIVE headache - no chance of sleep, despite paras. I'm double jabbed natch but in a 'heightened risk' category for various reasons, so I'll just have to ride it out.

Have ordered an oximeter so i can monitor blood oxygen levels - this recommended by my GP. One of the joys of asthma - already feels like someone's standing on my chest.