• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2021

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Time for a new thread now England are back in action and a day they couldn't have asked much more from. Was out earlier so listening to updates on R5 and it seems the Sri Lanka batsmen were a bit profligate with their batting. Still a 5-for that Dom Bess will take happily after bowling a lot better for less in the summer. After a dodgy start to our own innings and my return to Sky coverage, good to see Root and Bairstow dig in and play nicely. Especially as the tail looks a bit long. Hopefully Root can go big and we can establish a healthy first innings lead.

Alistair20000

Tracking back a few days, very average behaviour again from the Strines in the India series.

Well done for the new thread Rosey (y)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Usually my job, but I've been AWOL lately!

Alistair20000

Usually my job, but I've been AWOL lately!
Happy New year Mr Hound.

Rosey jumping in reminds me of the time when Credy made a power grab for the monthly points prediction threads. :)

Rosencrantz

Tracking back a few days, very average behaviour again from the Strines in the India series.

They can't help themselves. Good to see India putting up a good fight after their nightmare first test, without Kohli as well. Going to be a tough tour I fear for our boys when we go out to India.

**Was actually caught off guard when I woke up this morning to SSN and that Sri Lanka were 60 odd for 5. I knew we were out there but the first day being today had passed me by somewhat. I didn't want to post when I actually had time to sit down and watch in case I jinxed Root or Bairstow.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
A welcome interruption to the gloom, even if Aggers and Co are broadcasting from a combination of their bedrooms and BBC studios round the country. Apparently Tuffers was in the Oval commentary box!

I do wonder if broadcast sport may change forever. Will broadcasters (of any sport) really fly a whole army of people round the world, plus the ancillary hotel and subsistence expenses when it can clearly be done 'almost' as well from anywhere. A couple of people on the ground and the rest behind TV screens in Isleworth or Salford may be the future...

manc grecian

Little chance of winning in India or Australia with our spin options.

Colesman Ballz

Great series win by India at the Gabba, putting Pottymouth Paine and serial cheat Smith firmly in their place !

Rosencrantz

Great series win by India at the Gabba, putting Pottymouth Paine and serial cheat Smith firmly in their place !
With about half a side out as well. It's going to be very tough going in India. I fear for our boys given that the normally very able Aussie bowling attack only managed twenty wickets in a match once out of four tests in Aussie conditions.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Somerset's points deduction has been reduced to eight.