• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2022

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Somerset are advertising for a batting coach.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Somerset are advertising for a batting coach.
England Should Be ;)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
England Should Be ;)
Too big a job for just one man.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rory Burns ought to get his hair cut. He looks a ridiculous mess. Ray Illingworth would not have tolerated it.

Alistair20000

According to the newspaper a full length documentary about Shane Warne is released for digital download today.

It’s unimaginatively titled: Shane

Should be a good watch based on the synopsis which says the film shows an honesty and a stomach for his unpleasant qualities as well as the good ones.

One of the best things I remember of this flawed genius was the time he would put in at the end of a game chatting to spectators and in particular photos and autographs with youngsters. This I noted when he was captaining Hampshire. There was aways a long queue of kids for him to get through.

Grecian2K

Rory Burns ought to get his hair cut. He looks a ridiculous mess.
Worked for our current PM...at least for a while.

iscalad

Documentary on Allen Stanford "The Man Who Bought Cricket" on Sky Documentaries tonight at 10pm. Should be an interesting watch

Alistair20000

Have to feel for Jack Leach. He is not bowling well but having Khawaja dropped at slip by Joe Root when on only 28 must have been a real pi55er for him. Slip catches are never easy but it seemed to me that Joe Root’s mind was not 100% there.

Very good bowling from Stuart Broad.

Another mountain to climb but we had one slice of luck with Crawley reprieved by a no ball. Fearsome five overs from the Strine quicks.

Alistair20000

Very annoyed by comments of Ashley Giles that I heard on the car wireless yesterday.

He accepted the Test results were poor over the last year but thought it was O.K. as it was on a par with the results in the 1990’s when “management got away with it” :mad: :mad:

Time to give the King of Spain the The Elbow. *

*Edit now needed to avoid these words being changed automatically to The Elbow

tonykellowfan

According to the newspaper a full length documentary about Shane Warne is released for digital download today.

It’s unimaginatively titled: Shane

Should be a good watch based on the synopsis which says the film shows an honesty and a stomach for his unpleasant qualities as well as the good ones.

One of the best things I remember of this flawed genius was the time he would put in at the end of a game chatting to spectators and in particular photos and autographs with youngsters. This I noted when he was captaining Hampshire. There was aways a long queue of kids for him to get through.
I think "genius" in his case doesnt carry any qualification.