• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2023

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Here to be of service.

An easy win for Somerset helped by some fairly abysmal cricket from the Welsh who had got off to a good, quick start and looked set to post at least the par score for this ground of 177 but rather like Hampshire on Wednesday they lost focus and collapsed losing their last 9 wickets for 82 on a pitch that was much less spicy than the one used then. A bit of panic set in with van der merwe and Green slowing down the scoring with pace off the ball and I lost count of the number of aerial shots that went straight to fielders. Catching practice as Mr Dozen suggests. In the end they got to 153 with a few late runs from Hatzoglou the Strine leggie including some streaky edges. A wholly inadequate score.

Glamorgan were scruffy in the field and gave away a lot of runs with sloppy fielding and poor bowling. It was either brave or foolish to bowl the spinners in the power play; probably foolish as Hatzoglou went for 50 off his four overs. Banton and Smeed duly cashed in with some big hitting but it looked to me that Banton should have been stumped off the second ball, a leg side wide, but the keeper fumbled it.

The flurry of late wickets was down to a continued assault on the bowlers when singles and boundaries off bad balls would have done the job but I guess with so many wickets in hand it was worthwhile to keep the net run rate up as there was never a danger of defeat.

Hard to see Glamorgan getting out of the group on the evidence of tonight.

The games come thick and fast. Canterbury on Tuesday night before a brace of home games; Friday against Jason’s boys who don’t look very good to me and then Essex, who have yet to play, on Sunday.

Alistair20000

Jason‘s boys mess up against Gloucestershire failing to get just 12 runs off the last two overs. Oh dear.

Alistair20000

Cidermen post 154 all out off their 20 overs.

A few got in but nobody kicked on to make a half century. Too many cameos so good bowling and fielding now imperative

Par T20 score at Canterbury is 177 so they look light

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cidermen post 154 all out off their 20 overs.

A few got in but nobody kicked on to make a half century. Too many cameos so good bowling and fielding now imperative

Par T20 score at Canterbury is 177 so they look light
Early wickets and early pressure required - no Overton to keep it tight

sign of the chimes

Josh Tongue of Worcestershire gets selected in the England XI for the four-day Test against Ireland having impressed McCullum in the nets. A great achievement for Tongue I can't help feeling a bit sorry for Chris Woakes.

Alistair20000

Early wickets and early pressure required - no Overton to keep it tight
Job done as Kent bowled out after rain delay gave them a smaller target they could not chase down.

Four wins on the bounce now (y)

Could not find a livestream :(

Alistair20000

Josh Tongue of Worcestershire gets selected in the England XI for the four-day Test against Ireland having impressed McCullum in the nets. A great achievement for Tongue I can't help feeling a bit sorry for Chris Woakes.
A good opportunity to try a younger player.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Job done as Kent bowled out after rain delay gave them a smaller target they could not chase down.

Well done the bauys. (y) I don't like these D/L jobs at all.

Alistair20000

Well done the bauys. (y) I don't like these D/L jobs at all.
They usually favour the team batting second too. Hard to believe there was rain with a such fine blue sky here this evening.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster

Could not find a livestream :(
Somerset looking good getting results in all conditions.

I could not find a stream either - thought I had found one then realised I was watching Kent v Hampshire :rolleyes: - Obviously no streams in Kent