• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2023

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
The format of the T20 really bugs me. Why only 14 group fixtures in a nine team group. It means playing six teams both home and away and the remaining two teams just once. Shirley playing 2 extra games to even things up would be both desirable and not that difficult to arrange ?
Accordingly Sod's law means that this season Somerset miss out on a home fixture with 8th placed Sussex, and away to the "hapless" bottom placed Middlesex !

Martin Weiler

Re: Middlesex at the moment in the slogging - I commented on the Middx CCC Facebook page the other day that there are only three things wrong with the side at the moment. (You know the rest...)

I had the misfortune of tuning in to the streams of the Somerset and Gloucestershire "matches". Thankfully tonight I've got our committee meeting so I won't be able to watch our latest humiliation.
You had the misfortune of tuning in to the livestreams. I had the misfortune of being at both the matches! At least Gloucester only cost £15 and that included a Western Storm match too. Taunton was £35!!!!

Alistair20000

The format of the T20 really bugs me. Why only 14 group fixtures in a nine team group. It means playing six teams both home and away and the remaining two teams just once. Shirley playing 2 extra games to even things up would be both desirable and not that difficult to arrange ?
Accordingly Sod's law means that this season Somerset miss out on a home fixture with 8th placed Sussex, and away to the "hapless" bottom placed Middlesex !
I agree.

All down to fitting in the wretched Hundred innit but fitting in two more games is hardly challenging.

As an alternative they could go back to the three groups of six playing 10 games but the Counties would not like losing four T20 games.

Middlesex actually played well tonight and gave Hampshire a massive scare at Radlett. Jason would have been pleased with his boys tonight even in a losing cause.

Alistair20000

James Vince. 👑
Not tonight :(

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Not tonight :(
I blame the bat, Al. 🤣

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Somerset lose for first time in T20

Alistair20000

I blame the bat, Al. 🤣
Not at his fluent best against Somerset earlier tonight but still got a 50.

Alistair20000

Somerset lose for first time in T20 in 2023
Corrected for factuals. :)

The closest fought T20 I have seen Somerset play this season and it could have gone either way. Quite a change from the County Ground game a couple of weeks ago.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I agree.

All down to fitting in the wretched Hundred innit but fitting in two more games is hardly challenging.

As an alternative they could go back to the three groups of six playing 10 games but the Counties would not like losing four T20 games.

Middlesex actually played well tonight and gave Hampshire a massive scare at Radlett. Jason would have been pleased with his boys tonight even in a losing cause.
No I wouldn't...threw away a decent position yet again.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
India on the back foot in this World Test thingy taking place a couple of hundred yards away from where I'm sitting currently.