• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2023

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
We've signed up Ian Salisbury as a coach - I look forward to seeing Luke Hollman and Thilan Wallawalita (sp?) bowling half-trackers all season.

I was successful in the Oval ballot for a day of the Ashes, but the prices are just too prohibitive and they no longer offer Day 5 tickets - probably a good thing as England's matches may not last that long. I couldn't believe I only got 25 minutes or so of action against SA despite no play on the first two days! I was also allowed to buy tickets for a women's match, but decided against it.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
For the first time ever failed to get any tickets despite being in the draw for every game :mad:

Love the Ashes me.

Was privileged to be at the Oval on the last day in 2005 when KP/FIGJAM's century from a rather precarious position at lunch put the match beyond Australia and led to the long awaited return of the Ashes.

In addition Headingley in 2019 with the Ben Stokes masterclass aided by the vital stubborn support from an unlikely source: Jack Leach and his 1 run innings.
I was at The Oval the week after the 2005 match to watch Middx bat Sorry into Div 2.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Peter Siddle will be back with the Cidermen until the end of July.

Ex-ciderrr

Looking forward to the start of the new season, will end up planning a few trips to Taunton for some CC matches (much prefer the longer format) perfect over a weekend in the summer for me

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saw a car with reg no. V1 VVY at Clyst St George the other day. I don't suppose it was the great man himself!

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saw a car with reg no. V1 VVY at Clyst St George the other day. I don't suppose it was the great man himself!
Clyst St George looking to add to their squad for 2023

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Eoin Morgan announces his retirement.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Eoin Morgan announces his retirement.
He is getting on a bit at 36

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
He is getting on a bit at 36
Career at Sky incoming ?