• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Daniel Seaborne

MerleyRed

including sub apps he has played in 20 league games and one cup match for them so if true should be seeing some dosh, wonder if the gargs ever paid us our mackie sell on?
Understandably, the question of the Mackie money keeps being raised. When the transfer to QPR was first announced I took a look at what the gaws were saying on 'Pasoti' and there was a suggestion that due to them being owed some money by QPR for a previous player transfer (can't remember the guys name), they thought they were in a good position to shaft us by offsetting that deal against Mackie. There may be some truth in this and it could explain why we may never see any money for Mackie.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do we actually have anyone who is aware of what is going on? Is anyone keeping tabs on how many appearances these boys make and when we are due some dosh? Should be kncokign down Saints door to get our money.

It could have already been paid but it would be nice to know either way.

Alistair20000

Understandably, the question of the Mackie money keeps being raised. When the transfer to QPR was first announced I took a look at what the gaws were saying on 'Pasoti' and there was a suggestion that due to them being owed some money by QPR for a previous player transfer (can't remember the guys name), they thought they were in a good position to shaft us by offsetting that deal against Mackie. There may be some truth in this and it could explain why we may never see any money for Mackie.
Shirley the expensive lawyers retained by ECFC to draft/approve the contract would have covered this by a clause ignoring such a set off. I hope we have not been shafted.

Poultice

Shirley the expensive lawyers retained by ECFC to draft/approve the contract would have covered this by a clause ignoring such a set off. I hope we have not been shafted.
Stay calm Al, the deal was done by the negotiating genius that is Steve Perryman, yep, I think we have been f*cked up the arse once again through our own ineptitude, but rest assured, we shall never know for certain.

Alistair20000

Stay calm Al, the deal was done by the negotiating genius that is Steve Perryman, yep, I think we have been f*cked up the arse once again through our own ineptitude, but rest assured, we shall never know for certain.
It does not even need a lawyer to think of covering this angle. Shirley one or other of the assorted coterie of Suits would have picked this up and made the point ? Better be careful with reference to taking one up the bum with the homophobic thread still lively. As you say we will never know.

Makes me laugh,

People on this thread think we have been screwed and that we are owed money like we are dealing with a dodgy builder.

All contracts would have been legally binding and if we are due money then we will be paid it.

jase 07

I think the player you are talking about is Akos Buzsaky.

jase 07

Makes me laugh,

People on this thread think we have been screwed and that we are owed money like we are dealing with a dodgy builder.

All contracts would have been legally binding and if we are due money then we will be paid it.
I think some of the Contractors working on the Flybe Stand thought the same thing but they never got paid in full.

angelic upstart

I know for a fact that we have received a "receipt" from Plymouth for the Mackie transfer.

So no, we haven't been shafted.

But hey, we only do rumours don't we?

angelic upstart

Yes, that's right, club one owe club two money twice. Therefore club two are in a position to shaft club one.

What planet are some people from?