• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Demetri Mitchell signs on for City

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Will MJ's shirt fit him?
No, but Dean Moxey's old training gear is already lettered up ...

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster

Watch from around the 39 second mark...
Demeitri son, can we have one of those against Argyle please then you become a City legend :)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Guessing Josh Key on his way out ?
Why does someone of a similar position have to be on their way out when we make a signing?

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster

Average Joe

GC is proving he's liked by previous players. I maybe in the minority but I'm really excited for the next couple of years with GC in charge. He's already come in and used something we have lacked for years, his contacts. Very positive so far

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could be he's on a pay-as-you-play deal because of his injury record?
There's no way an injury prone player leaves a contract with a club for a pay as you play deal. Deals like this are extremely rare and only for those who are without a club, or long-term injured. Would you move to the otherside of the UK if there was a plausible chance you wouldn't get paid?

larrywilkie

GC is proving he's liked by previous players. I maybe in the minority but I'm really excited for the next couple of years with GC in charge. He's already come in and used something we have lacked for years, his contacts. Very positive so far
I'm with you Joe. Excited to see what the next couple of years bring. There are some on here who will take some convincing by the sound of it. Whoever of us is wrong will hopefully be big enough to stand up and say so when we are further down the line.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's no way an injury prone player leaves a contract with a club for a pay as you play deal. Deals like this are extremely rare and only for those who are without a club, or long-term injured. Would you move to the otherside of the UK if there was a plausible chance you wouldn't get paid?
Yes. But who knows what arrangement he got from Hibs? Could it be something like Hibs pay up half of what he stands to earn there so they save some of his wages, he signs a contract with us for a low guaranteed sum (say another 25%) and he gets appearance fees that take his earnings up to or beyond what he would have got if he stayed at Hibs.

If he plays, he's not losing out. If he doesn't then yes he is somewhat but he's still earned something and he's giving himself the chance of earning a decent contract going forward. His career was clearly over at Hibs. If he'd sat on his arse at Hibs for 18 months what opportunities would be on offer then?

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Came across very well in his interview, seems to be somebody who likes to run at defenders and try to make things happen

tom_ecfc

Came across very well in his interview, seems to be somebody who likes to run at defenders and try to make things happen
From the Cliff Hill training youtube video just released, his pace down the left wing was a joy to watch!