• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Derby County away - Tuesday 25 October

Bridgy 81

Don't know how @Bridgy 81 is getting on, but I've just got home. Spent a few days in Birmingham investigating pubs on stations and the Severn Valley Railway heritage line. Best pub on station is Codsall near Wolverhampton, good faggots with mash as well as good ale! The Railway Arm's at Bridgnorth was also very good but too crowded and many of you should remember from your visits to Aggborough The King and Castle at Kidderminster. A good away trip, next season I should spend a few days in Derby itself!
Sounds good. I like faggots too.
I’ve just arrived home in the last hour.
We drove up to Bolsover Castle yesterday and although we’ve been there before it’s a fantastic place to visit.
Left Derby lunchtime today and on the way back called into the National Memorial Arboretum at Alrewas for the first time.
It’s a brilliantly laid out place and has over 400 different memorials dedicated mostly to military people who fell in the line of duty.
Some of them are intimate and others enormous but all very sombre and thought provoking.
A great away trip for a variety of reasons.
But after several days in Yorkshire earlier this month for Barnsley and several more now in Derby, both fortunately with unseasonably mild weather, we now have to get the electrics fixed at home which control our heating system before we can go away again.
We don’t want frozen pipes or a flooded house even if it’s as a consequence of the very good reason of following City around the country.

Last edited: