• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Derby County vs Exeter City Match-day Thread

Bridgy 81

I enjoyed that.
Nice stadium, big crowd and close enough to walk to and from the City Centre.
I thought we were very good value for our point. We looked fairly solid but without creating a lot going forward.
A good, battling performance against a big club, but who on this evening’s showing currently have a pretty average team.
It looked to me like we set up to keep things tight and I wonder whether this’ll be a typical away arrangement under our new Manager. It certainly worked today.
A lot of good individual performances and for what it’s worth I think Harry Lee appeared comfortable and assured when he came on and although he was miles away from me he looked massive. Perhaps it was the yellow outfit!
But 10 minutes in a pressure cooker atmosphere with 20,000+ people getting behind their team and them pinning us back for most of that time can only benefit him and his confidence level.
Also, I had a stopwatch on for injury time and the Ref blew up 10 seconds early. I reckon if he’d played the full 7 minutes we could have nicked it 😉

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I enjoyed that.
Nice stadium, big crowd and close enough to walk to and from the City Centre.
I thought we were very good value for our point. We looked fairly solid but without creating a lot going forward.
A good, battling performance against a big club, but who on this evening’s showing currently have a pretty average team.
It looked to me like we set up to keep things tight and I wonder whether this’ll be a typical away arrangement under our new Manager. It certainly worked today.
A lot of good individual performances and for what it’s worth I think Harry Lee appeared comfortable and assured when he came on and although he was miles away from me he looked massive. Perhaps it was the yellow outfit!
But 10 minutes in a pressure cooker atmosphere with 20,000+ people getting behind their team and them pinning us back for most of that time can only benefit him and his confidence level.
Also, I had a stopwatch on for injury time and the Ref blew up 10 seconds early. I reckon if he’d played the full 7 minutes we could have nicked it 😉
Safe trip home Bridgy

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our away attendance numbers are close to equal to 1% of the population of Exeter, which on a Tuesday night in Derby is bloody massive.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not the prettiest game but a solid point away from home against a decent but uncreative Derby. I thought GC was brave in taking Sammy and Jev off but they were the right calls given the flow of the game, and his changes strengthened us in midfield.

First half the gap between our front three and our midfield when we were out of possession and Derby’s full backs pushed on was way too big. Last 20 mins we were as tight as a submarine hatch, and limited them to wild long-rangers which never troubled us.

Hope Jamal is OK, Harry Lee did alright but wasn’t really tested. MOM was Alex Hartridge for me, faultless.

Good atmosphere from the away end tonight and I thought the Derby fans were good too.

Bring on the Argyle (please let Nombe, Jamal and Cheick be available).

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Our away attendance numbers are close to equal to 1% of the population of Exeter, which on a Tuesday night in Derby is bloody massive.
I think we were always going to take good numbers to Derby considering it was the first time we have ever played them in a league game. But to take 1,200 on a Tuesday night is some effort.

To put this into perspective Exeter to Derby is basically 3 hours and 45 mins, and Rotherham to Coventry is 1 hour and 45 mins. We've taken 1,200 fans to Derby and Rotherham took 1,022 tonight. ;)

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Left Winkleigh at 11am yesterday morning, just got in the door at Dad's in Cully. Not bad for a day out. Night all.😴

Arthur Davey

Left Winkleigh at 11am yesterday morning, just got in the door at Dad's in Cully. Not bad for a day out. Night all.😴
Fuelled up @Whiddon Down @10 yesterday, but have taken the gentler option of staying @ friends' place in Burton...driving back dreckly to do an afternoon shift...
Hard-fought 0-0 as others have said. Decent stadium, they're probably just glad they've still got a club after events of recent times. The Jamal chant was always gonna happen, tho' couldn't resist a wry smile at the irony of the sight of the stretcher appearing for him later...

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
YouTube highlights

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Gary Caldwell interview

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member