• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Director for the Day

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure how widely this is seen so am going to post this in this forum when I see it elsewhere ..

TRUST DRAW FOR DIRECTORS' BOX PLACES FOR OUR LEAGUE ONE MATCH ECFC V SWINDON ON TUESDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER

I'm very pleased to announce Phillip Wills, who was first on the list of potential winners for this game, is the lucky winner of the prize for our Home League One match against Swindon on Tuesday 29th September.

Phil is yet to confirm who he will be bringing with him but will be telling me tomorrow at Charlton.

Also on the ‘missed out’ list were John Ridler; Sally Peters; Anthony David Knight; Kevin Joyce; Julian Strudwick; Robert Somerwill; Christopher Badcock; Ken Owens; Sarah Wedlake; Rev. Michael Meyers; K C Ellis; Colin Bray; Jason Everitt; Jonathan Pym; John Child; Ric Hutton; Phillipa Gazzard; Maurice Edward Wright; and Duncan Cornish.

The geographical spread for this week was eleven in Exeter; two other EX postcodes [Exmouth and Ottery St Mary]; three from another Devon postcodes [Teignmouth [2] and Newton Abbott]; and six from outside Devon [Walsall; South Ruislip, Middx; and London] One person didn’t have an address, a phone number or an e-mail – Jonathan Pym so if anyone knows him perhaps they like to ask him to get in touch.

In all twelve of the twenty members didn't have e-mail addresses shown this time but only four had no phone number shown.

Don't forget if you are lucky enough to be drawn I have to contact you and if you don't have an e-mail address or an up to date phone number then you run the risk of me not being able to get hold of you in time so why not check and update them (if necessary) yourself by going to www.ecfcst.org.uk/members - you will need to register if you haven't already with your membership number.

TRUST DRAW FOR DIRECTORS' BOX PLACES FOR ECFC V HARTLEPOOL LEAGUE 1 FIXTURE SATURDAY 3RD OCTOBER

I'm very pleased to announce that Dave Mardon, who was second on the list of potential winners for this game, is the lucky winner of the prize for our Home League One match against Hartlepool on Saturday 3rd October. The prize passed to David after Chris Hunkin, who was first on the list, had to decline – full credit to Chris as he also said as he didn’t come to many games it was probably more appropriate for it to pass to someone who was a more regular supporter.

I’m even more pleased to say that David will be bringing his son-in-law Phillip Knowles and they will also be bringing David’s grandson James who is 10. What a great advert for our club, three generations of Grecians in the Directors’ Box as guests of the Club!

Also on the ‘missed out’ list were Daniel Long; Philip Clarke; Gary Westlake; Mark Abbot; Andrea Haydon; Nichola Harrison; Owen Yapp; Matt Lemon; David Hodges; Mark Jefford; Tony Martin; Harry Thomas; Darren Hooper; David Brush; Kay Bath; Andrew David Sneesby; Steven Oliver; and A Woodland.

The geographical spread for this week was ten in Exeter; five from other EX postcodes [Barnstaple, Cullompton (2), Honiton and Bideford]; one from another Devon postcode [Newton Abbott]; and four from outside Devon [Abingdon, Oxfordshire; Maidstone, Kent; Chard, Somerset; and Leeds, W Yorks].

In all eight of the twenty members didn't have e-mail addresses shown this time but only four had no phone number shown.

TRUST DRAW FOR DIRECTORS' BOX PLACES FOR OUR JOHNSTONE'S PAINT TROPHY MATCH ECFC V SWINDON TUESDAY 6TH OCTOBER

I'm pleased to announce that Paddy OShea, who was first on the list of potential winners for this game, is the lucky winner of the prize for our Johnstone's Paint Trophy match ECFC v Swindon Tuesday 6th October

Paddy has said he’ll be bringing his brother Rory Driscoll with him.

Also on the ‘missed out’ list were Bernard Lambell; Matthew Capel; William Ash; Gary Wannell; Lee Merry; Alan O'Neill; Jamie Hawkins; Kallista Bradford; David J K Evans; Mark Gleeson; Jake Dillon; Chris Penny; Samuel Phillips; Mike Thorne; Clive Nicholson; Keith Hutchings; and Tom Cochrane.

The geographical spread for this match was nine in Exeter; four other EX postcodes [Exmouth, Crediton, South Molton, and Axminster]; one from another Devon postcodes [Torquay]; and six from outside Devon [North West London; Leeds, W.Yorks; Frome, Somerset; and South West, London].

Six of the nineteen members didn't have e-mail addresses shown this time but everyone had a phone number shown.

Clear lesson here - make sure the trust have your current contact details...

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
And still no mention for Jim Shep.

Always makes me smile... :D

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
Errrrrr can I assume that because I was on the missed out list they don't have my correct contact details?

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don;t read it that way mate, I read it as "missed out" as in a person drawn out before you could accept...

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don;t read it that way mate, I read it as "missed out" as in a person drawn out before you could accept...
Good. I was hoping that I was reading it correctly.

I read this bit of the post 'Clear lesson here - make sure the trust have your current contact details...' and immediately assumed I had missed out due to incorrect details on my file.

Perhaps I should have paid more attention to this line 'Six of the nineteen members didn't have e-mail addresses shown this time but everyone had a phone number shown.'

I am going back to bed :D

Last edited:

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Errrrrr can I assume that because I was on the missed out list they don't have my correct contact details?
Apologies for not being very clear .. but no phone number for 14 out of 60 or so is not a good sign ..

Hopefully by publicising this as often as possible people will get the message before they do miss out ..

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm pleased to announce that Martin Woolcott, who was second on
the list of potential winners for this game, is the lucky winner
of the prize for our League 1 match ECFC v Wycombe on Saturday
24th October. Alex Banks who was first on the list was unable to
attend due to a previous engagement but he also, having won on a
previous occasion, was going to decline to let someone else
attend.

Martin will be bringing his son Edward with him.

Also on the 'missed out' list were Robert Stephen; Jean Milling;
Dave Smith; Norman King; Rodney Brooks; Barry Day; Alby Stevens;
B Gould; Tom Stoddart; Matthew Roach; Phil Lee; Scott Gillard;
Martin John Butt; Michael Ivings; Jeff Merrett; Jonathan Smith;
Chris Elson, and Philip Short.

The geographical spread for this match was seven in Exeter; seven
from other EX postcodes [Exmouth, Sidmouth, Barnstaple, Dawlish,
Tiverton (2), and Axminster]; two from other Devon postcodes
[Torquay and Liverton]; and five from outside Devon [Dorchester,
Dorset; Chatham, Kent; South East London; Whitehaven, Cumbria;
and Cheshunt, Herts].

Seven of the twenty members didn't have e-mail addresses shown
this time and six had no phone number shown.

Don't forget if you are lucky enough to be drawn I have to
contact you and if you don't have an e-mail address or an up to
date phone number then you run the risk of me not being able to
get hold of you in time so why not check and update them (if
necessary) yourself by going to www.ecfcst.org.uk/members - you
will need to register if you haven't already with your membership
number.

the dog2

Adam
as we seem to have so many people ie with no email or incorrect phone numbers would it not be an idea to publise the people that the trust have incorrect detail if only on here with the hope they will see it and ensure they change there details?

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
probably dave - but not my communication ...

I copy and paste from Gnet ...

the dog2

Adam perhaps you need to ask if that would be put on gnet then you could post on here!