• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dry January

mustangspeed2006

I do it every year. I find the first week is the worst and very difficult, but it's a breeze after that.

I feel I have to do it otherwise I'd have to admit I'm an alcoholic.
Yes, I've had no urges for a drink this week, even though it has been a stressful one at work and with my partner being unwell.

Memphis09

Did it last year never again
Not a big drinker but like my pre match pint of tribute with a chunks pasty
UTC

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
As I don't drink should I be getting slaughtered this month?

mustangspeed2006

So, January is drawing to a close – how did those taking part get on?

It hasn't been the best start to the year for me, both professionally and personally, but completing Dry January (in a few hours anyway) was one positive to take away from this month. After a tricky first week, it was plain sailing for the most part, and I've discovered several decent non-alcoholic beers in the process. I'm housebound for the next couple of weeks and don't drink at home, so my abstinence will probably continue for a little while longer.

Grecian2K

Personally I'm looking forward more to "Fluid February", "Martini March" and "Alcoholic April" hic 🥃🍷🍸

Mr Jinx

So, January is drawing to a close – how did those taking part get on?

It hasn't been the best start to the year for me, both professionally and personally, but completing Dry January (in a few hours anyway) was one positive to take away from this month. After a tricky first week, it was plain sailing for the most part, and I've discovered several decent non-alcoholic beers in the process. I'm housebound for the next couple of weeks and don't drink at home, so my abstinence will probably continue for a little while longer.
Still a couple more days to go for me as I didn't start until Jan 3rd. I've managed to stay dry but it's been particularly tough this year.

manc grecian

Not touched a drop and only once have I felt like I needed a drink.

Ex-ciderrr

Gave it a go, went thoroughly well but after arriving home with 3 points and in a good mood after the trip to Milton Keynes last Saturday there was a small can (330ml) of Camden Hells Lager staring at me in the fridge and I thought, “I’ve enjoyed myself and had a good day we’ve won away why not” so dry January was broken at the final hurdle but it was just the one I can assure you! UTC

Mr Jinx

Gave it a go, went thoroughly well but after arriving home with 3 points and in a good mood after the trip to Milton Keynes last Saturday there was a small can (330ml) of Camden Hells Lager staring at me in the fridge and I thought, “I’ve enjoyed myself and had a good day we’ve won away why not” so dry January was broken at the final hurdle but it was just the one I can assure you! UTC
Did a Devon Loch there :oops:

And so today heralds the end of my stint - it weren't at all easy, but I did it!