• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

E.C.F.C. V Fleetwood Town Matchday Thread.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
A large chunk of added time in recent games could be down to the time Sweeney takes over throw ins. It was only a matter of time before a ref booked him.
Maybe in previous games you could blame Sweenz for the length of time he takes with throw ins but yesterdays simply came down to nobody giving him an option to throw to. We were absolutely static and he had nobody to throw the ball to.

Rosencrantz

I was in the big bank, stood in front of the drum.

It was directed at the tactical change, the accompanying comments were "why?" "Chieck coming off? For what reason?" And the like...

So it's not I think so, I know so.
The probable reason why is that we were all over the place at the back. Zac had his hands more than full with Omachere and Cheick had gone wobbly all by himself after a comfortable first half up against a static Stockley. We needed an old head to calm everything down back there. Hence Aimson coming on for the least experienced player of the two. Zac could also have been a candidate to come off, but of the two probably had the better attributes to try to handle Omachere with a more experienced head beside him.

Purrington coming in also settled things down in front of the defence. The only move that I would have thought more of was bringing Rankine on later when it had calmed down a bit and we had more of the ball going forward.

andrew p long

quick question. I have only seen the goals and had listened to the full match commentary. Should I watch just the extended highlights (10 minutes apparently) the full 90+5 minutes (or just the first half?)

red1

quick question. I have only seen the goals and had listened to the full match commentary. Should I watch just the extended highlights (10 minutes apparently) the full 90+5 minutes (or just the first half?)
😂😂😂stick with what youve seen !

red1

Apart from the football on show, anybody else think the matchday experience is not very good. The tannoy announcer sounds awful and what has happened to the action replays, sometimes you get them/sometimes you start to get them/sometimes…..nothing!!

SaintJames

Apart from the football on show, anybody else think the matchday experience is not very good. The tannoy announcer sounds awful and what has happened to the action replays, sometimes you get them/sometimes you start to get them/sometimes…..nothing!!
The big screen has been very disappointing in recent games I agree. I thought the announcer yesterday was at least enthusuiastic and did seem to understand how to use the mic unlike the previous chap

Banksy

What action replays?

Antony Moxey

Couldn’t care less about the screen, or much else off the pitch on match days TBH. I’m pretty much turn up, drink tea, watch game, go home So I can ignore everything else, however the tannoy since Fullsy gave up the mic has been consistently poor. Don’t know who was murdering the announcements yesterday, but for the majority of the time sounded like a bingo caller in a care home.

There’s not much to like about match days these days.

denzel

There weren't really many replays to show! I saw the goal on the big screen and a couple of shots.
I thought the PA guy was enthusiastic with clear diction, don't really know what more people want!!

Oldsmobile-88

Don’t know who was murdering the announcements yesterday, but for the majority of the time sounded like a bingo caller in a care home.
Harsh 😁😎

9DD522B0-898A-4D07-A2A5-BE7645E9FD99.jpeg