• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Early odds on City

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
BET365 currently showing 26:1 to win the league, 7:1 for promotion, and a very generous 3.75:1 to finish in the top 7. No doubt the odds will change as the season gets closer, but that top 7 number looks pretty good value to me

Avening Posse

3 weeks ago I was pretty indifferent about what we would do this season, but the recent significant activity in the transfer market has changed my view. I now think we could make the top 3 so have took 9-1 with Bet365. I think that looks pretty generous

Avening Posse

Just in case anybody is interested those odds have dropped to 13, 5 and 2.2 respectively

GJW

Before the season started I put a bet on both Exeter and Coventry to be promoted this season. Coventry at 6/1 and Exeter at 11/2. Good double and looking good at the moment.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
A Leeds fan at work and I have a double bet on the two teams to get promoted every July. Good double and looking good at the moment too:)

Reactions: GJW

Avening Posse

I've got 40 on us finishing in the top 3, which returns 360, last week I was offered cash out of 56, which has now gone up to 90. Definitely not tempted at the moment

I don't generally bet but have been following Exeter City for a few seasons now and believe with a good manager and good signings the time is right for promotion. I took advantage of a promotion "bet up to £100 and get a free £100 in bets". Backed Saracens v Exeter Chiefs and Liverpool v Spurs at the end of last season. They both won. Stake now banked and £133 in winnings (approx) now bet on Exeter gaining promotion at 6-1 and also being champions. 25-1. Separate bets. Stand to win between £600-£1300 if bet(s) come in. Lose nothing if they don't. We shall see.

Avening Posse

Good luck. That 6-1 bet is looking pretty tasty. I also have a small bet on being champions in a double with Man City but only a couple of quid.

I am not au fait with betting (this is a one off punt for me) but spurred on by what you said above I checked and they are offering me £200 to cash out. If it ever got to £500 I think I may bottle it and take the money and run. However, having money on it does make it more interesting.

Avening Posse

I am not au fait with betting (this is a one off punt for me) but spurred on by what you said above I checked and they are offering me £200 to cash out. If it ever got to £500 I think I may bottle it and take the money and run. However, having money on it does make it more interesting.
Which of your couple of bets are they offering the 200 on?