• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Early odds on City

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bet365 are offering me $240 as a cash out now. I backed City at 9-1 to be in the top 3 and stuck 40 on. Quite tempted but will hang in there a bit longer I think

Avening Posse

If I'm not mistaken, Billy the fish, money on Exeter and GJW along with myself are all looking pretty damned good on the bet front. Good luck all. Big cash out being offered to me, but I'm going to hang in there

andrew p long

If I'm not mistaken, Billy the fish, money on Exeter and GJW along with myself are all looking pretty damned good on the bet front. Good luck all. Big cash out being offered to me, but I'm going to hang in there
I wonder how the bookies are treating bets for a season cut short...

Avening Posse

Good point Andrew, I haven’t actually checked but will do

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
My Paddy Power bets are still open so no decision yet from them.

fred binneys head

Same with me and sky bet

Nigel E

I had a "handicap" each way bet on City to win the title with Bet365. If you're not familiar with this type of bet each team is the same price (18/1 in this case) but each team has a points handicap weighting depending on their odds in the normal listing.

Bet365 have treated it as a non-runner and on Tuesday this week refunded my stake.

Probably the fairest thing to do. But a bit of a shame for me as, on a calculation of the PPG, I was due a return on the each-way portion of the bet, if they had decided to apply the calculation using the PPG outcome.

Presumably they have done the same on the main market and not paid out on Swindon.

GJW

I cashed out at £150 and after that Coventry climbed up and then stayed top, while Exeter improved for a bit, dropped off and then didn’t get promoted. In the end I did the right thing to cash out and be £100 in profit.
Now what shall I do for next season?🧐

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I cashed out at £150 and after that Coventry climbed up and then stayed top, while Exeter improved for a bit, dropped off and then didn’t get promoted. In the end I did the right thing to cash out and be £100 in profit.
Now what shall I do for next season?🧐
Good decision to cash out when you did 👍 . I always wait until the week before the season kicks off for my first punts as the transfer market is settling a bit by then but I'll be looking hard at the L2 moneybags plus Sunderland and Ipswich in L1.

Whatever I do the bookies will be pocketing my dough as usual mind. Enjoy your winnings.

Reactions: GJW