• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL consider extra promotion spot to National league

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

Interesting proposal. I personally support this and have felt this is something which has been required for quite sometime. Although I would go further and make the national league EFL League 3 and incorporate it into our structure as a large chunk of the National league are now professional.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Long overdue reform, will relieve the "bottleneck" that exists. Should ease some of the fears over relegation as getting back up into the EFL will be less of a "hit or miss" process.

Leads

Interesting proposal. I personally support this and have felt this is something which has been required for quite sometime. Although I would go further and make the national league EFL League 3 and incorporate it into our structure as a large chunk of the National league are now professional.
Yeh, if I was in charge I would make the Prem an 18 team league, and then have four divisions of 20 below this. Underneath this would then be regionalised and semi pro.