• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England v Italy Euro 2020 Final: Match Day Thread

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
So you felt rage even though you didn’t care? 🤣

Mr Jinx

So you felt rage even though you didn’t care? 🤣
Southgate rage has always been there. I suppose the vindication released a wave.

angelic upstart

How is Rashford a man-baby, Mr J?

Agree with the parallels of Southgate and Tisdale, but I do feel the need to question, if we had been more attacking, how many more would we have conceded?

Anyway, it's over now, and I can go back to City. Where I am much more comfortable.

Mr Jinx

Agree with the parallels of Southgate and Tisdale, but I do feel the need to question, if we had been more attacking, how many more would we have conceded?

Anyway, it's over now, and I can go back to City. Where I am much more comfortable.
I take it you didn't hear his post match Europa League final interview. The kid had clearly lost his mind. I wouldn't have had him the squad tbh. What particularly galled me was again his refusal to wear the losers medal. I grant you he wasn't the only one last night, but he needs to start owning things and not look for excuses.

With regards your question "if we had been more attacking, how many more would we have conceded?", therein lies the rub. A question that sorts the master tacticians (Mancini) from the plucky amateurs (Southgate).

grecIAN Harris

The answer to the question is we probably wouldn't have. England were the dominant side in the first half and had we continued on in that manner, with a couple of astute subs, Italy would never have been in it.
Southgate decided we should sit back and invite the Italians on. Mancini took advantage of that, not Mancini forcing us into that. Any manager of any wit would have done the same thing and we had no way out. We didn't manage the game to enable to reset to what we had in the first half, there were enough stoppages to do so (6 minutes of injury time tells you that) or for Southgate to make personnel changes to find another ay until it was too late. The world and his wife knows what Jack Grealish is about and how he can effect a game but came on far too late to impact. He took Rice off, who was my MoM for England, who was dictating all what was going on in the first half and brings on the Mackem Carthorse. Somebody earlier mentioned Kane was anonymous (boy does that show how you can see a completely different game from a different viewpoint), Henderson was completely pointless. Back to Kane, first half he was dragging Bonucci all around the pitch and linking play up really well, creating the space for the likes of Shaw and Trippier (who was wasted a lot of the time) for them to get into and exploit.
Sadly this all stopped in the second due to the tactical error by Southgate. We dropped back and, as I said last night, Jorginho and Verratti were as much in the game second half as they were anonymous in the first.

elginCity

First 25 mins Kane came out of the blocks too quickly, was sharp, linking play and creative before running out of gas. After reverting to plod mode, he should have been pulled at half time as equally ineffective second half until his penalty.

Rashford is spending too long with Pogba !

Oldsmobile-88

Off the pitch it was pretty depressing post match,awful racist written attacks from the brain dead keyboard warriors.

Pre match outside Wembley it looked pretty chaotic & dangerous.A throwback to the 1970s.
How on earth were drunken chavs able to storm Wembley & gain entry.That would not happen at any ground in the EFL.
Post match was pretty hairy too by the look of some of the videos I’ve seen.
The FA can’t expect a load of Stewards probably on minimum wage to keep order outside.

Oldsmobile-88

This was taken inside Wembley when ticketless spectators broke in.

Trapdoor

Off the pitch it was pretty depressing post match,awful racist written attacks from the brain dead keyboard warriors.

Pre match outside Wembley it looked pretty chaotic & dangerous.A throwback to the 1970s.
How on earth were drunken chavs able to storm Wembley & gain entry.That would not happen at any ground in the EFL.
Post match was pretty hairy too by the look of some of the videos I’ve seen.
The FA can’t expect a load of Stewards probably on minimum wage to keep order outside.
Absolutely. Stewards were not prepared or equipped to deal with those problems. Ive never seen such carnage and mayhem at a game. I'd guess about 50% of the people outside the ground before the game did not have a ticket and were just there for a riot.

Red Devon

Southgate not wanting to outstay welcome