• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England v Italy Euro 2020 Final: Match Day Thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maguire and Kane showed them the way to do it ....for what it’s worth I reckon Walker and Henderson would have just put there foot through it in the same fashion, we probably wouldn’t have seen any ridiculous run ups anyway :( the outcome couldn’t have been any worse:(
...... was brilliant. Wallop!! Top corner and smash the camera to bits for good measure. Now that's how you take a penalty.

Red Devon

...... was brilliant. Wallop!! Top corner and smash the camera to bits for good measure. Now that's how you take a penalty.
Kane wasn’t going to miss two on the trot either.

Rosencrantz

Henderson has missed in a shootout before and in the warm up game where Sancho scored in his previous shootout for England. Rashford has successfully scored in a WC shootout and a last minute penalty in Paris to go through or go out of the CL. He always does that run up, hasn't stopped him before. Saka you can argue about but if he was one of the best in training and wanted it?

Walker taking a pen? No, thanks.

Alistair20000

As regards penalties, I recall the 1990 WC shoot out against our nemesis West Germany and the commentator who made the point that you need to give these penalties to the chaps who are not too bright and don’t over think it. He followed up by saying he would definitely give a pen to Peter Beardsley who of course duly put it away.

Rosencrantz

As regards penalties, I recall the 1990 WC shoot out against our nemesis West Germany and the commentator who made the point that you need to give these penalties to the chaps who are not too bright and don’t over think it. He followed up by saying he would definitely give a pen to Peter Beardsley who of course duly put it away.
The man whose nickname within the squad was "Ceefax" according to Bobby Robson.

jrg333

Thoughts on this video of England fans supporting their team during the penalty shootout?

I feel like it would be viral by now if the circumstances were only slightly different:

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Southgate's tactics were typical of a former centre back.Needs a good ex centre forward to advise when a more direct approach is needed.Although I don't know why he has to be so timid.Former World Cup winning defender Jack Charlton never had that problem with Ireland.