• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ENGLAND V SWEDEN Prediction & Discussion

Stelios

Aside the great result, Just before kick off the BBC did a small piece about Italia '90 (The last time we reached a semi final) and above all listening to Bobby Robson (RIP) I thought what a great man he was, Total gentleman and the passion he had for the job, It was a really touching piece, Even brought a tear to Lineker's eye. Not saying Southgate is there yet but he has held himself well, respectful of the other team and comes across as a really nice man. Bobby Robson would be proud
I missed that but thought of Bobby Robson last night. He was an absolute gentleman. Proud but humble. The way he was treated by the media pre-1990 was scandalous. He would be absolutely loving seeing England back in a World Cup semi final.

Often have a tear in my eye when I see old interviews and montages of Bobby ;( A very special person.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I missed that but thought of Bobby Robson last night. He was an absolute gentleman. Proud but humble. The way he was treated by the media pre-1990 was scandalous. He would be absolutely loving seeing England back in a World Cup semi final.

Often have a tear in my eye when I see old interviews and montages of Bobby ;( A very special person.
That piece was from the new Bobby Robson dvd and is well worth the watch. One of the last lines is Gazza talking about a cancer charity match that he played in and Bobby was guest of honour in and you could see Gazza's bottom lip going again. Whatever you might think about Gazza you could really see that he loved Sir Bobby with all his heart.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I’m going 2-0 as long as we score in the first half....because the longer it goes 0-0 the less likely we are IMO....

I’d bring Rose in for Young & Rashford for Ali
Bang on Creds la

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some of our best football in World Cups was played under Bobby Robson : 1986, after a poor start, and again in 1990.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
We know the answer to this now.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
We know the answer to this now.
Oops wrong thread.