• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance Ethan will be at Sassuolo next season. He'll want to be playing where he's visible to Rob Page and if that's not at Chelsea then it will be with another Premier League team IMO. #famouslastwords
Can't see many teams wanting to use their two loan spots on someone who may be a squad player.

Steve Moran3

He’s got 40 odd caps for Wales hasn’t he? Plus has been part of all the recent squads etc I doubt the Wales manager needs to see him playing league games in the flesh to know what he offers. I would think if he was in Serie A again playing in a league at that level would be a good thing for Wales. Personally reckon he’ll go to Fulham!

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ethan is close to a deal wth Spezia, likely to be completed before the end of the week. It's a loan this season at £1.5 million with an option for a permanent deal at the end of the season at £12 million.
Chelsea transfer rumors: Chalobah, Ampadu, Pepê, Ziyech latest - We Ain't Got No History (sbnation.com)

Doesn't mean he's not leaving but my mate attended an open first team training session at Stamford Bridge yesterday and Ampadu was there.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Doesn't mean he's not leaving but my mate attended an open first team training session at Stamford Bridge yesterday and Ampadu was there.
The Italian link suggests the deal could be completed "by Thursday."

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ethan is close to a deal wth Spezia, likely to be completed before the end of the week. It's a loan this season at £1.5 million with an option for a permanent deal at the end of the season at £12 million.
Chelsea transfer rumors: Chalobah, Ampadu, Pepê, Ziyech latest - We Ain't Got No History (sbnation.com)
If true @20% that's £300K this season and potentially another £2.4M later. I'd hope most of this could enhance the P1 budget.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Italian link suggests the deal could be completed "by Thursday."
What is it about Thursdays ? Now where have I heard that one before ? :unsure:

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
What is it about Thursdays ? Now where have I heard that one before ? :unsure:
Probably three weeks ago

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
If true @20% that's £300K this season and potentially another £2.4M later. I'd hope most of this could enhance the P1 budget.
At what stage are loan payments paid - at the start of the agreement or in installments?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
At what stage are loan payments paid - at the start of the agreement or in installments?
Dunno, I'd assume instalments. Ditto transfer fees, we got the Grimes money in 3 or 4 tranches and the same is true of Watkins.

MBA 101: the three main determinants of business success are Cashflow, Cashflow and Cashflow. You can trade for years unprofitably if the cashflow is strong.

IIRC we only got paid our share of the Sheff Utd fee after the event and they just sent the money into our bank account without even telling us it was on its way...