• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Now that Gareth Bale has retired Wales will be in need of a new captain. Probably Aaron Ramsey, Joe Allen or someone like Ben Davies. Though they might skip a generation....
You heard it here first! OK so he only became captain after Ramsey was subbed on 60+ minutes, but to captain his country at 22 in a Euro Qualifier is quite something, even just for 30 minutes.

And to do it as Wales come back to get a point away to the third best side in the World.

Average Joe

The way Chelsea operate it is pretty clear that he will either sign a new contract in the summer or be sold to fund Chelsea's compliance to FFP.
Be interesting to know how much his value is.

No proven track record at premier league standard for clubs to make him a marquee signing and teams abroad won't have the funds for what Chelsea ideally would like.

Surely a big club will take the punt and sign him.

Do we have a decent sell on clause?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Be interesting to know how much his value is.

No proven track record at premier league standard for clubs to make him a marquee signing and teams abroad won't have the funds for what Chelsea ideally would like.

Surely a big club will take the punt and sign him.

There is a sell on. I would think he is worth 20m

Bridgy 81

I was thinking that this summer is the time when Chelsea would be most likely to sell Ethan (as he enters the final year of his contract) and we finally get the big payout we’ve been waiting for.
Then I had a horrible thought.
Perhaps Potter, who became Chelsea Manager after Ethan’s loan to Spezia was arranged, likes the look of him, offers him an improved, longterm contract and installs him in their first team.
Then I suppose we’d be keeping our fingers crossed that Ethan impresses for a season or so, Potter gets sacked and his replacement doesn’t fancy him but with some Premier League experience he’s ultimately sold for even more than he’s worth now.
On second thoughts hopefully Potter doesn’t even know Ethan exists and someone in the boardroom and above his head sells him in June/July before he even realizes what’s happened so Gary’s proposed transfer wheeling and dealings are given a handy boost.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was thinking that this summer is the time when Chelsea would be most likely to sell Ethan (as he enters the final year of his contract) and we finally get the big payout we’ve been waiting for.
Perhaps Potter, who became Chelsea Manager after Ethan’s loan to Spezia was arranged, likes the look of him, offers him an improved, longterm contract and installs him in their first team.
Then I suppose we’d be keeping our fingers crossed that Ethan impresses for a season or so, Potter gets sacked and his replacement doesn’t fancy him but with some Premier League experience he’s ultimately sold for even more than he’s worth now.
On second thoughts hopefully Potter doesn’t even know Ethan exists and someone in the boardroom and above his head sells him in June/July before he even realizes what’s happened so Gary’s proposed transfer wheeling and dealings are given a handy boost.
Unlikely, Ampadu isn't good enough to play for Chelsea.

Also, they just spent over 100m on Enzo Fernandes and it looks like Kante is going to sign a new contract.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
The bigger point more so than a discussion about ability is that Chelsea have to pay back a massive ffp difference. This is most likely reason he'll be sold.

Reactions: Ash

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
20% - but he has to be transferred for big money first...

Ethan Ampadu compensation fee revealed - News - Exeter City FC

DawlishBouy

Ampadu has played 12 first team games for Chelsea. If he became a regular for them next season and played 38 or more games City would get £1m in add-ons for appearances (£250,000 at 20,30,40,50 games). Odds are he'll be sold this summer unless Ethan decides it's better for him to let the contract run down.

tom_ecfc

Odds are he'll be sold this summer unless Ethan decides it's better for him to let the contract run down.
He could run his contract down, like you mentioned, and then demand a larger weekly wage? Would be a dent for us.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The bigger point more so than a discussion about ability is that Chelsea have to pay back a massive ffp difference. This is most likely reason he'll be sold.
Chelsea face summer fire sale of players to meet FFP rules (thetimes.co.uk)

Reactions: Ash