• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

supernova

heard on the grapevine the lad won't be signing a contract once he's 16. Man United and others interested....

has anyone seen him play? been playing occasionally for the U16s and he's only 13!

SimonBB

Sounds about right. One of the other players father works with me & he said Ampadu stands out by quite some way.

heard on the grapevine the lad won't be signing a contract once he's 16. Man United and others interested....

has anyone seen him play? been playing occasionally for the U16s and he's only 13!
There is a picture somewhere of him in a Man Utd shirt so sounds about right. I would imagine that it would be the same situation as with Sean Goss though you would imagine, although potentially by 16 he might have played for Wales U16, U17 and U18 the way he is going so we should get an even better fee than we got for Goss you would hope. :)

Well-known Exeweb poster
All the more reason to push for us to get grimes into a big clubs 1 st team squad makes the case for boys like this to stay with us and progressing through to our first team as opposed to disappearing into the never ending youth cycle of a larger club .

Last edited:

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's no problem with selling them while they're young as long as we get a good deal.

Not too long ago, Everton signed a 15 year old from Northampton for a deal which could be worth £1.3 million. Although, the initial fee is only £65,500.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29128911

Last edited:

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's no problem with selling them while they're young as long as we get a good deal.

Not too long ago, Everton signed a 15 year old from Northampton for a deal which could be worth £1.3 million. Although, the initial fee is only £65,500.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29128911
It's not only about money now, its' about building a reputation of supplying good quality young players ready to challenge for which ever clubs first team.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
There is a picture somewhere of him in a Man Utd shirt so sounds about right. I would imagine that it would be the same situation as with Sean Goss though you would imagine, although potentially by 16 he might have played for Wales U16, U17 and U18 the way he is going so we should get an even better fee than we got for Goss you would hope. :)
I read somewhere that the revised rules for young players meant that the negotiating position when a player moves at this sort of age
has weakened for clubs in our position and (surprise,surprise) improved for Premier League clubs.Anyone know if this is true and if so what the change is?

Well-known Exeweb poster
I read somewhere that the revised rules for young players meant that the negotiating position when a player moves at this sort of age
has weakened for clubs in our position and (surprise,surprise) improved for Premier League clubs.Anyone know if this is true and if so what the change is?
yeah that defo rings a bell.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
EPPP. Rules can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_Player_Performance_Plan

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apparently he has been called up to the Welsh u/18 squad today if that gives you any idea as to how good he is.