• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Evan's to Hartlepool?

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
IMO the lad deserves a 2nd chance just like anyone else in any other walk of life

He's made a mistake - he's served his time and now he wants to work again -

angelic upstart

IMO the lad deserves a 2nd chance just like anyone else in any other walk of life

He's made a mistake - he's served his time and now he wants to work again -
That's partly the point, in many professions you wouldn't get a second chance. A teacher with a criminal conviction for rape? Not a chance, there are countless professions where you wouldn't be allowed to work.

I firmly believe Ched Evans should work again. I would like football to address it's perceived immorality a little better.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
He could start by telling the Dad of his girlfriend to remove his website that has vilified Ched's victim. She's been identified several times and has had to change her name several times. She's effectively on the run because she stood up and said she was raped. You can understand from her experience why so many rape victims keep quiet. Much of this is why there is such a campaign to keep him out of football.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That's partly the point, in many professions you wouldn't get a second chance. A teacher with a criminal conviction for rape? Not a chance, there are countless professions where you wouldn't be allowed to work.

I firmly believe Ched Evans should work again. I would like football to address it's perceived immorality a little better.
A question has to be, as he's a convicted sex offender, would you want him near children? Could he take on a role as a coach, that might involve children? Nope. as a convicted sex offender how would he fit in with a club's community work. What if he was to get a man of the match award, could he go to the hospitality area to receive such an award in front of families?

angelic upstart

A question has to be, as he's a convicted sex offender, would you want him near children? Could he take on a role as a coach, that might involve children? Nope. as a convicted sex offender how would he fit in with a club's community work. What if he was to get a man of the match award, could he go to the hospitality area to receive such an award in front of families?
I think people have cast aside all of these points but many of these people are apoplectic when McCormick plays for Plymouth after his crime.

Football needs to clean up it's act and root out the bad eggs. Course I'm being very uptopian here, as its likely to get worse.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think people have cast aside all of these points but many of these people are apoplectic when McCormick plays for Plymouth after his crime.

Football needs to clean up it's act and root out the bad eggs. Course I'm being very uptopian here, as its likely to get worse.
I've seen one Exeter fan compare his treatment to that to how Mike Tyson has been treated! Says a lot about Ched's fans.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
He's a league 1-2 player and more than likely will be for the rest of his career - he's never made the grade at the top level and won't for sure now

Just imagine if he was a actual top player - if this was Rooney for example the current England and Man U captain would he be discarded by England or Man United ?

Not a chance would he

Would there be 30,000 signing a petition against him signing for a club with average crowd of 4200 in the last 12 months ?

tigertony

So who decided the clean up act was to start with Evans ?
As has been mentioned earlier his punishment was jail not ''jail and unemployment'' Can't remember the same uproar when Oldham signed Lee Hughes.
Isn't Gary Madine still playing after being convicted of several assaults in the past? How would anyone feel when collecting their licence after an 18 month ban to be told ''well we had a vote in the police canteen and we've added another 12 months ban so see you next year''

I don't condone the actions of Evans, Hughes or McC but I just take a hard nosed approach of ''time served'' and return to society. I'm also surprised that top footballers (any really) who take part in community programmes, coaching kids, visiting schools etc do not undergo a DBS/CRB check.

grecianexiled28

Ched Evans

Not sure if this has been discussed on here before, but reading the news this week that league 1 side Oldham are considering signing him, would it be wrong for city to sign him or even consider it, just interested to know the thoughts of others as Evans has served his time yet still he seems to be a trial by the public figure and after all 2 other well known footballers were jailed for murder and given 2nd chances in the game.

Taz

Re: Ched Evans

I think we could avoid all the hassle by signing him with a clause in the contract that says if he loses his appeal against the claim then his contract gets cancelled... In the mean time let him train with us but not play.