• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC Vs Derby County FC - Matchday Thread

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Archie was only good when he moved back to a more central role other than that no
What do you mean "when he moved back"? He played there all game, and played very well imho

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
What do you mean "when he moved back"? He played there all game, and played very well imho
I thought he had a doomer for most of the match, to be honest - never seen him misplace so many passes or get caught in possession as often.

Red Devon

Hence the line "**** off back to Cornwall" which makes the song doubly right. So in fairness, they were well off the mark last night. I initially thought of Tamworth to let them off the hook but I think Tamworth is in Staffs.
It was very funny when they sang it at Portsmouth the locals were not impressed at all.

CC

Ref was not strong enough with the time wasting. Should also have booked Houlihane in the first half when he kept stealing ground with the free kick and was gobbling off. After the final warning as the ref trotted away the fecker moved it forward again. :mad:
Is that a yellow card offence?! o_O

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone know why Cashin had the backs of his socks cut out? it looked very odd.

denzel

Hence the line "**** off back to Cornwall" which makes the song doubly right. So in fairness, they were well off the mark last night. I initially thought of Tamworth to let them off the hook but I think Tamworth is in Staffs.
I know this is massively off topic but I like Cornwall as a county and it doesn't sit right with me besmirching it with that dump. Can't we just sing 'f### off back to your s%^$hole'?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know this is massively off topic but I like Cornwall as a county and it doesn't sit right with me besmirching it with that dump. Can't we just sing 'f### off back to your s%^$hole'?
Agreed. What have the Cornish ever done to deserve being bracketed with Plymouth?

Bridgy 81

Anyone know why Cashin had the backs of his socks cut out? it looked very odd.
I believe some players do it to reduce the potential strain on their calf muscles if their socks are tight.
Which is almost the opposite to what I did when I played (albeit nowhere near professional standard).
I used to wear one pair of short socks first, then a pair of football socks, then my shin pads, then another pair of football socks.
I liked my boots/trainers to be very tight fitting, almost as if they were part of my foot.
I know, I’ve always had some slightly odd ways!

Rosencrantz

It was very funny when they sang it at Portsmouth the locals were not impressed at all.
At least it was accurate with regards to that they are at least in the same the county unlike last night 🙂.

It just seems to annoy them more though so carry on 🙂.

KentGrecian

Just saw this - apologies if it has been posted already.